Horniman gardens event

bigbadwolf

Who went to the Jerk chicken event today at the Horniman gardens in Forest hill? I went for a bit and the place was absolutely rammed and apparently there were something like ten thousand people there! East Dulwich could never pull anything like this off which is why it will always remain in Fozzy hill's shadow, losers!

There was also an excellent fight in the Capitol pub this afternoon as well. Can't ask for more really can you.

I was there. Got there just before 1 and there was hardly anyone there. Then by 2 is was getting packed. People still streaming in when I left at about 5. Was a nice event, but the gardens don't really suit crowds like that, it felt too busy.

There were massive tailbacks on Underhill & Lordship Lane during the afternoon. I went past the Horniman just after 1pm and it was already obvious this was going to be one massively-attended event! So what were the queues for the food like then?? I can quite imagine 10K people being rather too many for the Horniman Gardens, what with all its hills and narrowish paths and so on

Ha ha, don't join many facebook groups, but have joined that one! Remember when I was a kid, the museum was totally mixed up, with some ancient Egyptian stuff put next to a Victorian vase or something, no order to it whatsoever. Added to the general charm of the whole place.

Also remember doing a primary school project on the Indigenous people of the Pacific Northwest Coast (in those days, I think the teachers just called them "American Indians", inspired by the totem pole outside.

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> BBW - did you find some nice boneys to chew den?

Are you insulting me in that pig-provincial Brummie dialect again Michael? I hope not, for your sake!

I was on facebook last night and I stumbled across a collection of pictures that had obviously been taken at an event in Hornimans gardens. I had a look and saw a few familiar face's who were obviously having a good time stuffing their faces with jerked food stuffs, you were there chief greedy guts.

All of a sudden it dawned on me...

Who on earth had given them permission to be there in the first place!!!

Just in case you've forgotton SeanMacGabhan, Ms MacGabhan, Tillietrotter, Keef, Mike Palaeologus (greedy guts), Floating Onion and Ms Onion and various other trespassers that since you were in the Hornimans...you were in my territory!

That's right. Hornimans = Forest hill...my patch. If you want to pass through then by all means but you still have to pay tax like everybody else. I know you live in Sydenham Keef but I also know that you're an east dulwich boy at heart so don't think I wont make you jump up and down if I think you've got any change on you.

If you do this again one of my patrol cars will pull up and ask you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N2BI39Xj4k

>>Speaking of the fusty old place, why are half the display cases in the dark? <<

Personally I like that lighting (or lack of it). I think it adds to the Victorian atmosphere and the slight creepiness of the whole thing. You could easily see Sherlock Holmes solving a murder committed in there.

And beards are unutterably stylish: and save the bother of shaving.