Ok Monday nights T.V

1. The Street

Great drama, alcohol, violence & self destruction

2. Manson on 5

Drugs , ultra violence & sheer chilling & bloody brutality

3. The Wire

Drugs, guns murder & violence bla bla

4. I Witness BBC1

Drugs, guns murder & violence, plus Mexican politics bla bla bla.

Not unreasonably I'm a little fried by at last count 40 odd ( more to come for sure) murdered,stabbed , shot bla bla

Compelling T.V. oh yeah ! but all this violence & no alcohol to blot it out tonight, how's a man to sleep ?

W**F

Your not wrong, it was a rare night of good tv. I did make the mistake of watching Louis Therouxs City Addicted to Crystal Meth prior to The Street which made for a farily gloomy couple of hours. Stephen Graham(Occupation, This is England)is always a pretty mesmeric watch and his performance as the booze soaked wretch Shay in The Street was predictably impressive. Gawd bless Auntie.

woofmarkthedog Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Then straight after on BBC4 The Pre-Raphaelites

> for a little light education.

>

>

> Oh another kind of bliss.

>

>

> W**F

Oh yeah, and what education was this then.....apart from teaching you how to rein your horses in before the missus walks in!

I thought I had got away with some light T.V last night.

Did you watch OMAGH on Channel 4.

The facts presented are bloody shocking, I still can't get my head around it, so just visited Wikipedia to re-look at the sequence of events.I'm still baffled.

I thought it was well made & gave an accurate as portrayal of the events, the represented characters were treated with dignity and that came over well in my mind & yes, I did shed more than a tear last night.

Thankfully through the general mire some good T.V is still being made.

W**F

I thoroughly enjoyed Crude Britannia last night. A 3 part series about the North Sea oil industry. I've also been on board an oil rig.

Yeah, I watched this a while back mainly because there was nothing else on the Iplayer that caught my eye. Top class documentary for what on the surface seems fairly dry subject matter.

Getting on.

10.30 BBC4 , it's bloody painfully genius , set in a hospital with Jo Brand .Looks like the Office in style .

Plenty swearing & off colour un p.c jokes.

It is FAB

Oh and subtle puking to make you squirm.

Watch and marvel.

Very good this. I'm living with a couple of nurses who had just furnished the downstairs bog with a 'Stool Chart' the night before I watched the first episode. Good to see Ricky Grover acting against type as the oversensitive Matron and Jo Brand is suitably downbeat. Why only 3 half hour episodes though? Odd one that.

bigbadwolf Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I thoroughly enjoyed Crude Britannia last night. A

> 3 part series about the North Sea oil industry.

> I've also been on board an oil rig.

-----------------------------------------------------

On the Wolf & Bon3yards recommendation I'm going to watch this on I player tonight.

( Whilst dressed head to toe in a boiler suit & hard hat of course )

W**F

Go for it Woof, you wont be disappointed.

Call me sad but I just find stuff like this really interesting add the fact that I've been on board a North Sea Oil rig during college. They're really intimidating behemoths of Civil/Marine/Mechanical engineering. Belly of the beast if you will.

The politics and the way of life were also fascinating in the way that they tied in so tightly with the successful running of a drilling platform alongside all the on shore influences as well.