help needed on peckham history 70s and 80s

cook1e

hi i moved to peckham rye when i was 2 yrs old and lived there till i was 24, moved there in 1971.ish and lived in the same maisonette smack bang opposite peckham rye park. it was a small estate horse shoe shaped with the maisonettes at the front and 3 10 storie tower blocks behind it with four flats on each floor next to us where what we called the old blocks one being called medina house.

im writing a book about our life, but some of what i need to know i was so young i cant recall the dates for. so im hoping there are some people on here that can help me with any of the following

1 the name of the old blocks apart from medina and which order they fall in from the maisonettes running left towards rye lane.

next to the 1st old block as we called it on the grass verge was a air raid shelter anyone rember memories of this? and it being filled with concrete in the 70s because some kids had gone down it and got hurt because it was unstable?

2 they built a comunitte hall on the estate that is still there today, what year was it built?

3 there was a murder on peckham rye, common a teen age girl, she was supposed to meet her boyfriend but never turned up, boyfriend went searching for her, and claimed he found her body but was convicted of her murder, he used his own scarf!! anyone know the year?? ? or more details???

4 there was huge news paper coverage in 1982ish of a man who admitted indecnt assult and rape of an under age girl he pleaded guilty, and got 3 1/2 years his name was anthony john filmer any one remeber him or the case?

5 did anyone grow up on the estate at the time and have any memories of it, ie the heat wave 76 ish going to the stand pipe for water every day.

the flasher that plagued the park in the 70s

the lil tea rooms in the middle of the park? and the shops that were on the high street in the 70s???

oh and peckham lido??

a lot of Qs i know but any memories will be awesome have been writing this book for 3 years, but without dates it wont be acurate.

if you could post anything you know here or email me at [email protected] id be for ever indebted