a fun idea for this sunday evening

>> jammy <<

Well some of you may know that quirky bar called Bar Story near Peckham Rye rail station.

Well tomorrow night is the 3rd anniversary of their 'HAT SUNDAY'.

They have a wheelie bin or two full of, well, hats. The idea is that everyone in the bar... wears one. Genius, see?

And they have a half barrel outside they have a sort of campfire in in evenings, which makes a nice atmosphere. It's all pretty low key in a good way. Pretty chilled.

They also usually have good music... not as good as Inside 72 was, but hey...

It's a good mixed crew who go too. Lots of what look like Camberwell art college kids, but quite a broad cross section of people.

I think on Sundays they are open till about midnight. And since its the 3rd anniversary of Hat Sunday it would be quite lively this week.

Anyway, just a punters tip in case anyone fancy's something different.

You'll get the address here.

http://www.barstory.co.uk/BAR_STORY/BAR_STORY.html

And I've just seen it's mash up this week... HAT SUNDAY 3rd ANNIVERSARY + 'Fixed Wheel Bike Meet'

Game on!

>> jammy Well some of you may know that quirky bar called

> Bar Story near Peckham Rye rail station.

No.

> Well tomorrow night is the 3rd anniversary of

> their 'HAT SUNDAY'. >

O.K

> They have a wheelie bin or two full of, well,

> hats. The idea is that everyone in the bar...

> wears one. Genius, see?

I see.

> And they have a half barrel outside they have a

> sort of campfire in in evenings, which makes a

> nice atmosphere. It's all pretty low key in a good

> way. Pretty chilled.

A bit gay.

> They also usually have good music... not as good

> as Inside 72 was, but hey...

Inside 72 you say?

> It's a good mixed crew who go too. Lots of what

> look like Camberwell art college kids, but quite a

> broad cross section of people.

W_nkers basically.

> I think on Sundays they are open till about

> midnight. And since its the 3rd anniversary of Hat

> Sunday it would be quite lively this week.

3rd?

> Anyway, just a punters tip in case anyone fancy's

> something different.

Please come. I'll beg if neccessary.

> You'll get the address here.

>

> http://www.barstory.co.uk/BAR_STORY/BAR_STORY.html

>

>

> And I've just seen it's mash up this week... HAT

> SUNDAY 3rd ANNIVERSARY + 'Fixed Wheel Bike Meet'

>

> Game on!

Game over!

Hiyya 'Jammy',

I have to say I've seen some 'grabby' attempts of promotion on this sites before but you're submitance certainly re-inforced my urge to visit a Hospice for the teminally uncool or a Cholera tent in Ethiopia than visit an establishment where I may or may not encounter a waistcoated underling bearing a tray of Ferrero Rocher...such as yours.

I wont be coming.

P.s:Advertising the presence of paupers from Camberwell may also serve to dammage your image.

hi bbw

i have absolutely nothing at all to do with bar story. other than I've had a drink there maybe 10 times. i don't even know a staff member by name.

my post was purely a suggestion i thought people might be interested in, since i've had a couple of good evenings there and i overheard someone mentioning this Hat Day when I was there last week.

i think it's a fun place so i put in a bit effort to explain what it's like there, that's all.

Hi Keef,

I guess people can believe what they like on the internet. i've just been trying this forum out to see if anything's up here. the board i usually frequent is having a bit of a lull these days. if i stick around i guess people will see my interests lie beyond a bar in peckham. i guess as a first post i can see why someone might question my motives. anyway i'll stick around for a while and see if this place is any fun.

Personally I would advocate wearing your own hat HonaB - you never know what you might pick up from the unwashed art students' greasy manes.

However BBW, Bar Story is great and anything that increases general hat wearing can only be a good thing. I shan't be going tomorrow night as I have a prior engagement, but I might wear a hat anyway in celebration of the anniversary.

Thanks RosieH, that's sterling advice, even though a nit a chat or a bowdy would have a tough time gaining a purchase on my old loaf, one doesn't want to take chances.

Thanks to you as well Jammy, I was just putting out a feeler to see whether inglorious basterd baseball caps would be available. It seeems they're not. Well done.

By the way, welcome.

As the Beverley Hillbillies put it, 'stick around, sit a spell'.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> is bar story that one that is like a very small

> version of the semi-temperate plants section at

> B&Q?

Ha ha. That was good Quids.

I bet you've been there though, and I bet you 'yuppied' up for the occasion by rolling the sleeves up on your G.A.P blazer as well didn't you.

You should be ashamed.

You might have a point re nits RosieH. The thought half crossed my mind, but the bottles of that polish beer that starts with a Z spoke to me and told me it was the best idea. maybe viking horns in plastic should be my choice this time

since it could be busy tomorrow might bring my own hat just in case there are only crap ones left. maybe an empty chicken bucket from the fried chicken place round the corner. i could attach a little chicken drum stick to it with a paper clip, like a jaunty feather on a gentleman's hat

hi Honaloo. thanks. i'll pull up a chair and see what's up round here. it is strange being on a local board. have only spent time on international ones really. it's a new buzz this