Herne hill Vs East Dulwich

DrDom

10 mins walk from park to tube.

No where in Dulwich has live music to match the Half moon, or has anywhere that makes it's own beer like the Florence.

I'm East Dulwich through and through, but I have to say Herne Hill has more going for it (need to move out and looking for somewhere).

Lordship Lane has a nicer atmosphere I think, and there's much more stuff here than in Herne Hill. I'm not convinced that Brockwell Park is anything special either - but they do have more events than either of the parks in Dulwich.

But Herne Hill does still have some good pubs and places to eat, and a venue for live music. And the proximity to Brixton is useful for transport, bars, clubs, gigs, or whatever. And the houses are bigger and often nicer. Therefore I am on the fence.

Forest hill is simply the place to be I'm afraid Jah, sorry if you can't see that.

We're are higher up giving us cleaner air and clearer views than east Dulwich, you're literally living in our shadow.

Everyone is of a far better class in Forest hill unlike the knuckle dragging pagans that wander around Barry road with bit's of human flesh between their teeth.

Lordship lane has been officially Ponced, forcing dinosaurs like yourself off road to the CPT.

We're getting a brand spanking new swimming pool in a few years, we hope.

Drugs are better.

Everything is better.

bigbadwolf Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Lordship lane has been officially Ponced, forcing

> dinosaurs like yourself off road to the CPT.

Hmmm... you may have a point there. Especially at weekends. Depends on what part of the Lane though. I'm upper east side so am relatively safe from the blow-ins such as yourself.

>

> Drugs are better.

Get me some then. Go on. You know you want to.

Forest Hill? A clapped out bingo-turned Wetherspoons, a Sainbury's that has the air of a mausoleum on a Sunday evening, a taxi rank that retired in the last century and the interminable South Circular with its attendant lorries and fumes... Did the post office on Dartmouth Road close? But you've still got a Job Centre, right? (I speak as a former resident.)

How dare you speak of fozzy hill in such patronising, A A Gill tone Lou!

Everything about the place has it's faults such a Sainsbury's of which I've stated before to the ugly old B.T exchange that nobody has seen anyone come out of for years.

The only blot on the landscape is the Bird in hand pub on Dartmouth road where all the bloody Gypsies/derelicts drink.

Forest hill is, and always will be far better than east Dulwich could ever hope to be.

So there!

Forest Hill zone 3 - East Dulwich zone 2. And loses the battle of the Sainsbury's - ours is pretty bad but the Forest Hill one is vile (and charges for its car park)

Herne Hill has Number 22 which is fab, and far better transport links and I am glad that I can walk there and enjoy its facilities but prefer ED.

If I had to move to an adjacent area I'd choose Crystal Palace - thus ignoring the zone 2 zone 3 argument above.