The Carnival Is Over, Summer Is No More....

Tony.London Suburbs

Its September and The Carnival is well and truly over for another year.

So lets get real Guys, summer is now finished...

Conkers are will soon be falling, blackberries, mostly, tantalisingly out of reach, have disappearred.

The apple-picking season, usually associated with autumn, began around two weeks ago.

It will soon be cold, wet and the shops will soon be full of winter clothes. Are we in autumn already?

Clocks will soon be turned back and you will leave your work in darkness as the gloom descends around you.

You will probably arrive home bedraggled as you contemplate the dark, long, evening in front of you before you return to the sanctity of work again.

At least we will have those cheery Christmas adverts to look forward to as we while away the hours until next Summer comes.

( Its about 6,500 hours until June, 2010).

Anyway, have a nice day y'all....

September is often warm and sunny,

I like the Autumn and the seasons...

Jan/Feb are the grimm ones for me

There's never jam left out for tea

But Autumn's not so bad you know

As intermediate seasons go

And it can be a useful metaphor

For looming revolutionary war

Ted Max Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> September is often warm and sunny,

> I like the Autumn and the seasons...

> Jan/Feb are the grimm ones for me

> There's never jam left out for tea

>

As in The Brothers Grimm? The kid-scaring story writers?

Frightened more wains than clowns those two.

Good for them.

"Wearing hats in the dark" sounds like a good title for the sort of slim volume of poetry one might find in your favourite uncle's smallest room.

The poem "Night cap" (page 12), being a particular favourite of your uncle's, is often quoted as he takes his tumbler up to bed with him...

Ted Max Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The poem "Night cap" (page 12), being a particular

> favourite of your uncle's, is often quoted as he

> takes his tumbler up to bed with him...

Now let's just nip these rumours in the bud.

Uncle Lance was a confirmed batchelor who may on occasion have visited the circus but he always denied the implication that he took advantage of any of the performers.

Fond of a slim volume he was, though.

I remember a few years ago the Eastern Europeans brought over for the job, were still picking ripe fruit in Lincolnshire in November because it was still so warm!

It's normally this time of year I go on a road trip round England but I have had little work this year, so I can't afford to go. It's a fab time to go away, cheaper B&Bs and emptier roads and the tourist places are free of - tourists!

But I still like this time of year, till about late October.

What a beautiful day it is today!

Is it September the 2nd or November the 2nd? September's a great month - normally fine dry warm weather, still pretty long days, leaves etc still on the trees.... and my birthday. There's a touch of melanchony on here completley unwarranted...(although we do understand you are speeding through your Autumn years Tony)

It's a pleasant melancholy, though, Quids. September is a great, gorgeous, golden hurrah of a month, full of sunshine that feels like a treat rather than an entitlement, the beginning of the loveliest season in Peckham Park as the tips of the trees start to fly their autumn colours, and the excuse for just one more lazy weekend lunch outside, but it is of course the beginning of the end and the nip in the air is a reminder of the long dark winter ahead.