Peroni

Jeremy

Hell of a way for HonaloochieB to start the weekend - seeing the thread title, perhaps envisaging advance word of a special offer, or merely a hymn of praise to which he can add a verse or two.

And then the one-two to the guts of Jeremy's first post. Cruel, Jeremy.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I?m pretty sure the generic larger they sell on

> tap (peroni, grolsch, carling, stella, carlsberg

> etc.) is all exactly the same stuff made in one

> big vat somewhere and just labelled differently.

This is pretty much what I am getting at. I will accept that in bottles it's not bad (but not that special)... but on tap, it really just tastes like everything else. And is often the most expensive beer, sometimes even nudging the ?4 mark. Why?

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Talking of expensive, I couldn't believe it when

> told that the CPT now wants 3.80 for a pint of

> Star! Just too much. I'd rather they replaced it,

> even though I like it, as I don't want to drink

> Stella.

Paid ?4.40 in Liquorish for a pint a couple of weeks ago. Could not quite believe that. First time I have breached the ?4 mark.

How well you know me Ted. And yes my heart leapt in my bosom at the thought there might be some sort of promotion/giveaway of the good stuff.

Bottled Peroni has a nice dry taste to it that goes well with food or just plain old getting hog-whimpering-sh!t-faced.

The draught is only any good in the big old Peroni glass, in any other it's just lager-lager-lager.

As for the price, fine by me, keeps the riff-raff out.

Think that's one for the drawing room Mockers.

I agree though, with bottles you can differentiate taste a bit, whether you get a good lager or not is as much to do with how they look after their pipes/add water/give you a nice glass as much as anything.

Any draught pint that is not flat or watery is always a relief to me. As long as it is strong enough to make me really funny, make the girls look nice and eventually make me fall over, thats good enough for me.

Yes Keef Heineken shut down their UK brewery so now we get the imported 5% version from Amsterdam

Tap, cans, bottles do tend to always taste different per lager - not sure the exact reasons but sure we have experts on the matter from the EDF drinks. Rule of thumb is only drink lager that is imported.

If you want for example the real Stella it seems you can usually acquire it in dodgy off licences up and down the country (although they sometimes place the UK versions at front). Always look on the can, whether it Stella, Kronenberg to ensure it isn't stamped 'Brewed in Burton-on-Trent' !