David Cameron's wife has perfect teeth

Mick Mac

the OP was slightly ironic - was anyone interested in what David Cameron said today?

I was expecting something special and to be honest I was ready to be wooed - but it seems he said nothing of interest.

If there is one highlight of the 2 weeks, then Mandelson wins hands down. His speech was fantastic.

It was slimy, witty, moving, supportive and ambitious. Something that noone else achieved in the 3 party conferences, it was great to watch.

Tony Blair said: "The project will only be complete when the Labour Party has learned to love Peter Mandelson."

MM - yours seems to be a common reaction

he'll still win of course, probably with a landslide, but there is no sense of any hopes being invested in him in the way that many people seemed to in 97 (yes Piers, we know....)

The big worry for me was the rolling back big-government stuff, only to change his tune on the one specific of big government that helped HIM out in some way, with his son

I agree with you MM but it's a sad day when the best speech from our major parties is from an unelected chancer. I don't think and certainly hope the Tories won't get a massive majority and as Sean said I don't think they'll be greeted with the euphoria that Labour were in '97

the music doesn't start for a minute or so but it's this "Something Wicked This Way Comes" I keep singing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZIBxo4m-oo&feature=related

(not the excellent Herbaliser or Barry Adamson songs of the same name)

But Labour need, for their own sakes, as well as ours, some time away from power. As quids said I hope the tories don't get a huge majority.. some balance might be in order for 4 years.

I don?t see the point of the labour party. They have no base ideology anymore so they?ll just go along with the order of the day or with whatever big money chooses to influence them.

The tories are despicable but they at least have an ideology.

There are people in this world who, either because of how they were born or how they were brought up, are unable to put themselves in others shoes or see themselves as part of a society where everyones' welfare is as important as their own. It?s not nice I know but it is a fact of life that these people exist. The conservative party is their natural home.

All that the rest of us can do is to ensure that there is a strong enough opposition to balance things out. I don?t think the labour party can be this opposition anymore for the reasons I pointed out in my first paragraph.

Cor look at me coming over all political.

The old boy sounded Prime Ministerial. My blue vote will matter little, due to Harriet's strong base, but I shall vote Conservative nonetheless. I do realise how the words 'personal responsibility' give great trouble to many here and I shall make an effort to be sympathetic.

I think you will find that many people are perfectly aware of personal responsibility (and indeed feel that the state dependence of many people in this country should have ended decades ago after it had served its purpose) but they (well I) also acknowledge the individual?s responsibility to those they share the world with.

I?ve got to know too many high level tories too well through my work to acknowledge that any of then have this capacity.

Private Eye refer to him as Lord Snooty, very apt.

I could not defend Labour and their unelected leader, it is time they went.

I am saddened by the meagre selection offered, no wonder politics is only considered by approximately 7% of the inhabitants.

They are to the most part a bunch of post boys, and the real power his held by the industrialists such as Murdoch. It certainly spelled disaster for Labour when Murdoch jumped ship.