JSA and Virgin

Narnia

I'm pee'd off and thought I would vent my spleen here. My son is entitled to Job Seekers Allowance as he is looking for work and as I've advertised here before. When nothing happened after several interviews and waiting a few weeks he phoned up to find out his claim has been cancelled due to his not providing information as to who paid his school fees! Jesus that annoys me as he went to an ordinary secondary school. What makes it worse is that he phoned these people to find out what the problem was and when I examined his mobile bill this morning, which in normal circumstances should be no more than a fixed amount, he was charged nearly ?5 to ring the bastar*ds.I phoned them myself too to find out that they in effect don't believe he has left school or at least the school he was at and want a letter to confirm this.This would not be a problem if they bloody well told him in the first place. Apart from that I'd like to know how they find out if he is in another school.Does he need letters from every school in the borough?

As for the second part of my spleen, it's Virgin Media. They offered a free box, as we have broadband and telephone with them. Got he box thank you very much. It only replaced a Sky one which was in my son's bedroom but did offer BBCi which would have been an improvement. They however have continued to charge me for TV in spite of several lenghty calls to them. I decided to cancel my relationship with them when I saw that they were offering better prices to new customers than I have and when the message from the 'you wish to leave us service' said it would be at least 30 minutes before anyone could speak to me. These people do not listen. I'm not saying they are worse or better than any other lot but god if that's the best you can do with customer service then go to America. They may be thick but at least they are pleasent!

Declan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ... are you saying every

> premium rate number has a landline equivalent?

Non-geographic telephone numbers (like 08** numbers) always redirect callers to a regular land line.

Hello Declan - to be honest I'm not 100% sure. But I do know that you can input on 0870 number into this website and an 0207 number or the like comes out so that you don't pay the premium rate. I think it's a bloody cheek that companies use 0870 numbers for so called customer service. You should add www.saynoto0870.com to your favourites