Being burgled whilst your at home

daizie

Iv'e only been burgled once two years ago, thankfully I wasn't in. The family opposite me had an attempted intruder/break in whilst they were in the house, how bloody frightening is that. Ive just bought a cordless hedge trimmer from argos ?45 reduced to ?29. Charged up it is a scary piece of equipment. You really would'nt want someone charging at you with it.( think texas chain saw). Im sure it would be an ideal weapon to have in your house, fully charged, within reach, incase you get intruders/burglers when you're at home. You turn that on and youv'e got more chance of intruders fleeing, than if you arm yourself with a hammer or baseball bat. Iv'e given everyone instructions on how to hold it and turn it on, if the situation arises, and now feel very pleased with myself. I bet your thinking, is she mad or is she a genius ?

OHMYGOD! Daizie dear heart, you don't live in SE21 do you (typed with one hand, fast dialing Banhams with the other)?

I think we have a pair of antique Purdey's in the attick.

It is high time that we campaigned to make Dulwich a gated community. Really now, and lets rid ourselves of the Iceland on Lordship Lane and in the name of God, lets get ourselves a Waitrose? Keef, we can build a ten foot wall around your home as you are Dulwich at heart. I hear that the water level is set to rise soon, and all of Lambeth and Peckham will be submerged...

I had a 3am visitor a couple of weeks ago. I heard something outside my front door so I got up and went to have a look. I went into the kitchen and someone opened the letterbox and shone a mobile phone in (my front door opens into my kitchen). I double locked the front door fairly sharpish! Bravery's not my thing. Last time I tried, I fell down the stairs and broke my foot!

And Dulwichmum I do live in SE21. I was at Sydenham Hill station the other day and some hoodies were running from someone chasing them along the platform. Tut tut, what is it all coming to?!

giggirl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Happened to me once. I gave the geezer a good

> telling off and he legged it. About twenty

> minutes afterwards I shook like a leaf though.

Yes thats what these people need GG. A good telling off. And if that does not work try the hedge trimmers. Now i know why daisie's boyfriends dont last long, if thats the type of machinery she keeps in her bedroom.

To avoid a potential accident, why not have an electric toothbrush by the bed, if you hear someone in the next room you could turn it on and shout 'GET OUT! I'VE GOT AN ELECTRIC HEDGETRIMMER IN HERE AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!'. That would avoid any husband/toddler/wife incident by mistake.

• 3 weeks later...
Ive got this brilliant thing called a Clifford. Hard to describe but its quite big and shaped like a large bolster but with a head bit on it and it's covered in a wierd carpet like texture- I think its called fur, it stands on leg-things and moves about a bit. It makes a noise out of its head when anything happens at the front door and seems to do the trick.