mmmm..I wonder who this is, an old friend of ours methinks

????

You're absolutely right, Moos.

Which of us can honestly say we didn't think "this place is bonkers/weird/sad/not something I'm ever going to use except to find a plumber" when we first logged on?

Some days you could flick through the first page in each section and find a few laughs and a few good points, but far too many days if you just took a glance, you'd just see oddness.

I was kind of thinking of you when I posted, Quids.

Or at least I was thinking about that angry, chip-on-shouldery, would-never-admit-to-being-middle-classy guy with the same name as you who used to hang around here. ;-)*

*Full smiley to indicate that I'm doing my best to overcome my recent tetchy mood.

ps. The comment about the African Restaurant was awful, as I think most people said at the time, but it was also months ago. Isn't it a bit suss that someone new, just taking a quick look at the forum, just happened to find it in it's current location on the 22nd page of the Gossip section? I'd say there's more than one poster on urban75 who has an agenda.

Possibly Anna. But also possible that people came, saw, sighed, left, and months later were reminded of the awfulness of what they read by a thread about how awful the EDF is?

I've seen many posts on here posted by narrow-minded people, stupid people, thoughtless people, prejudiced people, hysterical people and people just not in control of their tempers. (My posts are, of course, without flaw)

In fact, if you take out the pure factual, transaction-based posting, it feels as though the crap posts are more than half of what's posted. I only hang around because of the quality of the rest, and the people that I know. So I don't blame the nay-sayers a bit. But it's a bit naff to go on a forum to slag off another forum. If you don't like it, just don't use it. The forum isn't responsible for what people who log onto it say, and the mods can't delete everything they don't like, or there wouldn't be much left.

Yes, it's perfectly possible and I agree with you absolutely about the tone and quality of many threads and posts. I can only imagine how it would come across on a bad day to someone looking for the first time.

But I find the whole business of going onto an internet forum to slag off another forum really odd.

I only look at the lounge, and occasionally poke my head round the door of the drawing, and family rooms. There have been times when I've felt it has all gone to shit, and not just because of BBW before anyone says it. I can also genuinely understand the accusations of cliqueiness that have no occasion been levelled. I don't think there is any intention, but if I had first come to this site in the last 12 months, I honestly don't think I'd have been a regular visitor. But who cares about these people anyway, I'm old skool, so fuck 'em.

as a more recent frequenter of the forum i can say they are talking bollocks. Majority of posts are helpful when people are soliciting info, good natured or downright amusing.

although the yummy mummy/pram brigade threads tend to get a bit heated/strange its all par for the course when they have taken over the streets in their droves......:)

Windom Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

although the yummy mummy/pram brigade threads tend

> to get a bit heated/strange its all par for the

> course when they have taken over the streets in

> their droves......:)

A tiny bit harsh, Windom, when 2 recent threads have been started purely for the sake of slagging pram-pushers off?