the east dulwich forum secret handshake

karter

Hmmmmm.....Judging from my journeys in the area, it seems to me that alot of forumites (especially the newbies) do not know or recall the secret handshake....

I say " Do you post"

you say "only to the east"

simple really

Of course the secret handshake only really works when you get to the point at which you 'press the flesh'. It might be interesting to have a form of recognition that can be used more subtly, ie to satisfy curiosity as to whether someone you see in ED is an EDF user - without having to approach them formally with the words 'Do you post?' (which makes me feel like an extra from a black and white WW2 movie - and would be very embarrassing if the other party does not, in fact,How about post).

How about something more along the lines of nods, winks, etc - which of course could still make you look mad to the unenlightened - but would in any case be quite amusing to recount on the forum.

But without "flesh pressing" where would you draw the line with your "EDF tell"? nods and winks to everyone you walk past? You could surely be detained by a local Robert by the time you've walked from one end of LL to the other? Or are you talking once engaged in conversation with previously unknown persons?

I think a scratch of an earlobe should do it. You see someone you think they might go on the forum, look at them and scratch your ear, simple. No need for dubious nods, winks or spazmodic movements that could get you punched for being weird. As to what the reply could be, I don't know, a smile perhaps?

I think the original idea was the best, Do you post? Only to the east.

I have had some funny replies I must say."yes,at the post office" and "at the post box" and some empty gazes.

Now who was it that came up with that idea???

• 2 years later...