And what song would you like played at your funeral?

SeanMacGabhann

I always thought Stone Roses - I am the resurrection would be sort of funny and egomaniacal at the same time.

I did have a mate who managed to get himself killed in his car, he was always a bit of a nutter behind the wheel.

His parents asked us to suggest a piece of music he really liked for the funeral. We pondered for ages, hovering between Muddy Waters, or Booker T's Soul Limbo (too upbeat really) among others.

In the end we plumped for some Doors, and went with Riders on the Storm.

Of course everyone blanched as Jim Morrison launched into the line:

"There's a killer on the road"

Doh!!!

Disco Inferno already lined up for my cremation. Burn baby burn!

More seriously - have to be a choice between Ike Quebec playing Blue and Sentimental - probably a bit long, bit cheesy by title, but a good tune to sob to - and the Cowboy Junkies' Lost my Driving Wheel - should have all my loved ones bawling their eyes out. Just need to start saving up to make sure I can cryogenically freeze them, then thaw them out to play it live.

I'm liking the "I see a darkness" call - I think I prefer Oldhams backing vocal on the Cash cover

Did I read somewheer that "don't Stop Me Now" is actually quite a popular choice at funerals? - Come on Tillie, more originality

I've just thought "Do You Realize?" by the Lips might be a good choice too

Hee hee Alan, how naughty!

According the BBC, the top 3 songs to be played at funerals are:

1. Goodbye My Lover - James Blunt (I'm now feeling slightly nauseous)

2. Angels - Robbie W

3. I've had the time of my life - from Dirty Dancing