kings coll hospital

puzzled

had an OP appointment at kings at 3.30 yesterday. on arrival, I was told the clinic was running late and the waiting time was 50 mins. I finally got to see the consultant at 5.20. like most sane people I love the nhs, but I am sure it can and must do better than this.

I was going to say similar Sue! Perhaps the Consultant was held up in theatre before the clinic started, or perhaps during the clinic he had to give a patient or even more than one patient some upsetting news... Unfortunately this is the nature of the beast in O/P clinics.

You could contact PALS if you feel it warrants a complaint: http://www.kch.nhs.uk/patients/services/pals/

Edited for stoopid spelling;-)

I took a ticket for a blood test, it was like some poor man's theatre in there. Was told id have around an hour's wait. Went and did some shopping and strolled back in an hour later all ready to have a rant, to my name being called.. Magic

Had an appointment at the fracture clinic once at 8am - did not get seen until 1pm. I just supposed that they did not deliberatley keep me waiting and read a book!

Just remember that before the labour government got in you would have been sat at home waiting for 3 years before even going in to get seen!

Become a member. It's Free. You do not have to do much. But you get to be invited to meetings and learn how the systems work and most importantly meet people who run the admin and meet the Chief Executive, and ask him difficult questions too.

See my signature thingy below for more info.

My ma has just had a full month of radiotherapy, not only a bus-train-bus trip for a 72 year old, but also regularly waited 1 hour, 2 hours even after having a timed appointment. Difficult, the place was really busy, the staff lovely and caring after eventually going in, and she is thankfully on the mend. Not so long ago it would have been a different story...

My ma has just had a full month of radiotherapy, not only a bus-train-bus trip for a 72 year old, but also regularly waited 1 hour, 2 hours even after having a timed appointment. Difficult, the place was really busy, the staff lovely and caring after eventually going in, and she is thankfully on the mend. Not so long ago it would have been a different story...

I have been very impressed with the paediatric A&E - they were brilliant with my 2am unannounced arrival a couple of weeks ago.

Can't say the same about the prenatal scanning though - I know its the best in the world etc, etc but hours and hours of waiting in a hot room with not enough seats when you are pregnant is vile. I don't understand why they run so late, even when you have, say a morning timed appointment. I never had that problem with Tommies.

Then become a Member so you can ask questions and demand improvements! They haven't got time to read this forum. Chances are they know already.

The Car park is a massive problem but they can't get planning permission from Lambeth to build a multi storey. If EVERYONE wrote to lambeth Council Planning department and demanded they give permission, they would have to take notice. I'm a motorcyclist so I could give a damn.