filming at the CPT today

citizenED

If it was a film about "the Poncification of East Dulwich", I suspect they'd go somewhere other than the CPT ;-)

I did hear however that sky were going to come to the CPT early one morning for something to do with the rugby, but not really sure what that's all about...

The CPT usually gets quite busy when the rugger is on, same group usually turn up, but are never seen otherwise. They come in, speak in loud deep voices so as to show us all how knowledgeable they are about the game (like none of the rest of us have ever played), then after the game they carry on drinking because they're great at drinking (Hmmm), and by 10pm they're dribbling towards a scared looking girl, and then they fall over and go home!

God I wish I could be in their gang! :-S

Couldn't care if they're built like brick sh!t houses, any bloke who falls over by 10 is no man! Our own beloved Mockney Piers weighs about 1 stone, and I can promise he'd out drink these fools!

Ahem, sorry, I hate rugger buggers, put me off playing the game I used to love.

That may be he case in England but, as a valley's comprehensive school educated Welshman who lives around the corner from the CPT, I would like to point out that, in Wales, the game is very, very much a working class game...we're just a bit different to what has been described above! Thankfully...

I think I?m the only South African on the planet who knows sod all about rugby. People hear my accent and just start spurting forth this and that about the game. Normally I just smile and nod not wanting to let the side down by admitting my ignorance.

I can talk your ear off about cricket though.

And on review that appears to have precisely nothing to do with filming at the CPT. Sorry.

Rpike, it is still played in a lot of state schools, and I played myself from school through til I was about 22/23, but these blokes just turn up and annoy the normal rugby fan!

Having said all that, I played for a team in Liverpool, and they were not posh, the were absolutely psychotic!!!!!

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Bunch of public school twerps with names like Josh

> and Jeremy. I can't stand people who can't handle

> their drink.

I don't play Rugby. And didn't go to public school!

Many apologies Jeremy for my sweeping generalition of rugger bugger type names but I think you get my drift. And, good man for pacing yourself. One has got to know one's limitations. "One", sorry I'm speaking posh myself now. I may well do the royal "we" next. This could be headed for the lounge methinks. CPT CPT CPT!

Apparently they were filming "crowd scenes" to show during the rugby?! Not entirely sure what they mean by that, but hey ho, that's what the guy told my friend when she asked!! Some kind of ad I guess.

They also filmed down round goose green, and then were off to do filming at a wedding. Bizarre.

As an aside, my friend rang and complained, as after they left Goose Green the catering company left loads of bags of rubbish behind which had split and gone everywhere. Would be interested to know if the refuse company came as promised and cleared up the mess?