Does the "Local Busineses, restaurants and trades section work?

ClareC

In the good old days when you could ask for recomendations in the lounge, I used numerous recomendations I was provided with by forumites and was always extremely pleased with the end results. Now it is in an entrirely different section, I don't find it works at all..... the only people looking in that section presumably being those looking for recomendations and those looking to gain business!

When I have used the section recently I either get no response or busineses contacting me direct.... not really the objective!

I have started this thread today having had a local tradesman contact me direct and although a nice chap quite honestly took no care, damaged a carpet and did'nt even do the job properly! I have contacted him to give him the opportunity to rectify things so dont't intend mentioning names at this stage. Suffice to say I have just spent over an hour trying to steam marks out of my carpet and suspect I will need to get the professionals in :-(

Do other people find this to be the case or is it just me?

In the good old days when you could ask for recomendations in the lounge, I used numerous recomendations I was provided with by forumites and was always extremely pleased with the end results. Now it is in an entrirely different section, I don't find it works at all..... the only people looking in that section presumably being those looking for recomendations and those looking to gain business!

When I have used the section recently I either get no response or busineses contacting me direct.... not really the objective!

I have started this thread today having had a local tradesman contact me direct and although a nice chap quite honestly took no care, damaged a carpet and did'nt even do the job properly! I have contacted him to give him the opportunity to rectify things so dont't intend mentioning names at this stage. Suffice to say I have just spent over an hour trying to steam marks out of my carpet and suspect I will need to get the professionals in :-(

Do other people find this to be the case or is it just me?