Flies

Narnia

I am being irrationally annoyed my very small flies that seem to appear in single file, just after I caught the last one (or mashed it). They are very slow moving,unlike your usual summer fly, but I am concerned that there may be an army of them munching or egg laying somewhere in the abode.I thought all these fellows died once it got cold. Has anyone else encountered these chaps? If so what did you do?

Yes! We've had them in our flat for a while....they are very odd. As you say, there's only ever one of them and they are very slow. However, once i catch one, I usually spot another lone cruiser a bit later. I thought they would go at the end of the summer too, but they're still hanging around. We haven't done anything about them, because we don't know what they are or where they're coming from. But they are getting annoying. Anyone else know?

They are coming to spend the winter in your house. My advice is to hoover them up and then bin the hoover bag pronto. Apparently they can produce a foul smelling liquid that stains if disturbed and reproduce at an alarming rate. We had alarming numbers congregating in the corner of our living room, around light fittings and on our curtains and I decided as they were the nasty foreign kind to eliminate them immediately. They started grossing me out after a while, and I usually love ladybirds.

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We've an infestatin of ladybirds (the foreign

> bitey ones). At this time of year?!?!? Weird

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We've an infestatin of ladybirds (the foreign

> bitey ones). At this time of year?!?!? Weird

Me too, I hoover them up and about 5 mins later there are more...very annoying!

• 5 years later...