Bike thieves of Dulwich

andycam

See the Nunhead crack thread for another victim. It's been going on for years as I remember my boy when he was about 10 (8 years ago) coming back from the pool after a swim without his bike. It had been stolen but more than that HE felt so bad about it. He was crying. Luckily it was insured and he got a brand new one in a matter of days.

They are a lot of bas*ards out there!

I bought a set of Pinhead Locking Skewers from Balfes Bikes some time ago. Not saying it makes your bike totally un-nickable but it's certainly given me a bit more peace of mind when locking up an expensive set of wheels. I think Balfes might sell them cheaper than ?50 and they're VERY easy to fit. The key is unique and if you lose it you can get a replacement. Highly recommended.

I find it depressing that you cannot take your eyes off it for a second before some thieving creep lifts it, and even if they were caught nothing is available, which I consider a true deterrent, can legally be administered.

In the middle east nobody takes anything not belonging to themselves, as the punishment is dire, so it can be done.

I have left my bike unlocked in my front garden since i moved here in august , and outside nearly every job I have had since then and nobody took it till I ventured into Nunhead. I think it lasted well and the Karma deterent did the trick for quite a while. I have always thought the more I worried about it getting knicked the more likely it was to happen. Then it did! feckit