Pointy birds

Moos

Enough of this Soldiernitsin.

What I'm really concerned about is this. I've been having a good laugh over the last few months about this kind of thing appearing in fashion magazines, and on the shoulders of unwise famous people:

file.php?20,file=7670

But the other day on the 48 I saw a perfectly normal girl wearing one, in a rather attractive shade of royal purple. Admittedly, she had a slightly defiant, sheepish look on her face, an expression that said Look, I've paid ?140 for it, I'm going to wear it. But it felt like a watershed moment.

Will we all be taking one another's eyes out with these shoulder mountains in a few months, and giving flat shoulders the cut direct? Or is this just another storm in a teacup, like the so-called trend for tights with spots on?

I'm not sure sheepish is the right word. But it is almost a mini-masterpiece in its way. Apart from the elephant's ears and trunks, the emergent part of the bodice seems to me to vary between a somonolent hippo and a meditating duck. And I first thought the superstructure around the bust was a reference to a turban-like hat. But now it seems more like a bra-like structure designed to hold the breasts and stop them from floating upward.

Moos Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It was The Man With Two Brains: I love that film,

> hence the title. Which also, rather neatly I

> feel, answers Brendan's question.

It also makes an appearance in LA Story.

I've been avoiding this thread because I thought it was about ornithology or some such rot (the toenail clipping thread was bad enough). But I'm at home waiting for the UPS man and so the barrel must be scraped.

I've just bought a coat that is ever so slightly a bit pointy on the shoulders. It wouldn't take anyone's eye out or anything, but it's erring on the pointy side. I adore it but now I'm afraid that people might laugh at me openly on the bus. I don't have a "defiant look" in my repertoire. I love it. It's Westwood.