Christmas Trees...

Mick Mac

Just been to the Stannards? big garden centre on the A205 past Forest Hill. They are full of trees but empty of people who prefer the Homebase/B&Q chains. Such a shame, lovely shop. Not that we have christmas trees - I was there to buy regular planting stuff! But the place was empty. Just so's you know.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just been to the Stannards? big garden centre on

> the A205 past Forest Hill. They are full of trees

> but empty of people who prefer the Homebase/B&Q

> chains. Such a shame, lovely shop. Not that we

> have christmas trees - I was there to buy regular

> planting stuff! But the place was empty. Just so's

> you know.

Is that not Shannons or is this another one on the A205?

Hi Mick,

I have a flower stall based at the Forest Hill Supermarket on Forest Hill Road. I sell potted christmas tree @ ?25 for 4ft and it all depends on the size you are after. I also have a large selections of fresh flowers and plants.

Further inf pls call me on 0787 2966166

Cam

It's that time of the year again.. when disused shops here and there and everywhere spring to life on short-term lets - and shifty, roll-up smoking behatted chancers peddle their shortarsed spindly twigs at ?30 a pop.

Merry Christmas.

Hi Ratty,

sorry that I missed your post this morning cos I was at the stall.

Have you got your tree yet? I wont be getting the potted tree just yet cos they get better closer to Xmas.

I.m very fussy when it comes to buying for my customers,it has to be quality at reasonable price.

I'll put up a notice when they are available.

Alternatively, let me know what size tree you're after and let me do the rest

Cam

I bought one this morning from "The Christmas Forest", which is in the car park on the a205 opposite the Harvester. They have a large selection and friendly staff. Most trees are grown in the UK.

?39 for a 6ft one - a norwegian spruce - quite expensive but a really good looking tree - but the smaller ones are much cheaper and they have both cheaper and more expensive varieties and potted ones too.

Sorry Cam, just went with my wife's recommendation in the end.

Good luck.

I am kind of conflicted about a tree this year.

My wife comes back into the UK from Canada on the 18th, but her daughter is going to her father's Lake Tahoe home for Xmas.

My girls are 16 and 19, so I expect fairly fleeting visits this year.

I think it might be time for a Spanish trip from Boxing Day, maybe see the New Year arrive in Madrid or Barcelona.

Ok I am now unconflicted, cheers!

Apart from Christmas tree I also stock a large selections of interesting flower and plants. The Forest Hill Supermarket open from 7am to 11pm.

Hand made pine wreath(by me)and arrangements will be available from 10th Dec. Any special order please call me

I'm also very good with last min order

Cam: 0787 2966166

• 1 year later...