French farmhouse for Christmas and New Year

HennyPenny

We have just had a cancellation for our house in the Loire Valley, for the Christmas and New Year break. To view the house on our web site, please go to www.lovetheloire.com and the property is in Boce. The house, sleeping 7 in proper beds (no sofa beds or put you ups), is in a rural location with fabulous views, it is comfortably furnished and cosy with a wood burning stove in the dining room, and electric heating in all the other rooms.There is a separate sitting room with free to view TV,DVD and I-Pod as well as a phone - free calls to Europe, so you can keep in touch with friends and family - and Wi-Fi. It is 2 miles from the nearest town of Bauge, where there are good local shops, including the best patisserie, - cakes and croissants to die for(!) and a good supermarket. The house will be 'decorated for the holiday' and there will be a lovely tree, holly and a lot of mistletoe! If needed, we can provide full directions for Father Christmas, who will have the choice of 2 chimneys to climb down, with plenty of parking for his sleigh in the garden.

The house will be available from Saturday the 19th December until Saturday the 2nd January, and the cost is ?140 per night, for a minimum of 4 nights (with full occupancy, this is only ?20 a night per person).

If anyone is interestedor you have any queries, please do email me.

Best wishes for a Happy Christmas,

Hennypenny.

Thank you to everyone who read yesterdays post and those of you who also looked on our web site. I left the posting of the message to the other half yesterday as work was busy - and typically, he co..ed it up - leaving out entirely the extra goodies that Santa will be leaving, and getting the price per night completely wrong!

So it should read as above, but with a 'Welcome basket' of delicious things to eat and drink, including the most wonderful Loire pink fizz, foie gras, fig jam, nibbles, local preserves and cheeses, chocolates and a home made Christmas cake. The price per night is ?100 for a minimum of 4 nights.

I have just checked the price of a car with 4 passengers for LD lines out of Dover to Boulogne, and a 5 day return is about ?75. We usually use this route as its only 4.5 hour journey from Boulogne (including a good loo stop).

If you would like any more info, please do send me a PM.

Hennypenny