The Post Man is having a laugh! (Lounged)

Dulwich Born And Bred

Just found two little parcels that could have easily fit through my letterbox tucked under the door mat, and the funny thing is, one of them is for Father Connor at St Thomas Moore Church, I am not near to the church and the last time I looked, my house did not LOOK like a church. Looks like I have to play Post person and find the time to post it to him!

Father O'Connor has his pager turned on 25/7. He is called out to administer the last rites at Kings sometimes as often as three times a night, which for a man of a certain age is tough. Delivering his post would be doing him a service. Tarring him with the same brush is probably not.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I wouldn't want anyone from a catholic church

> collecting my post with a young baby about.....

How do you come up with these hilarious posts ??? - You're a genius......

HeidiHi, I will happily collect the parcel from you and bring it to Fr O'Connor on Sunday morning

Bellerophon Wrote:

> ???? Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I wouldn't want anyone from a catholic church

> > collecting my post with a young baby about.....

>

> How do you come up with these hilarious posts ???

> - You're a genius......

>

> xxxxxxxxx

I thought it was quite an offensive post actually, unless I've misunderstood it :-$

As offensive as helping spread aids throughout the world with unscientific claptrap and sheilding child abusers and leaving them to carry on abusing!!! You are joking right? I have no respect for that malovelent and disgusting institution and those that work for it. If that offends you fine but it does far less harm than the disgusting catholic church.

I hear you Sean.

Am I just allowed to say that Father O'Connor is an individual and not the Church, and Quids' post was totally out of order. Also just goes to show that irony is not always picked up. Not by me anyway.

And no I'm not a Catholic, I just hate this kind of mindless stereotyping.

???? Wrote:

> I'll say 3 hail marys and ponder your misplaced

> outrage

????, please if you've got nothing to say that isn't sarcastic or patronising, then don't say anything, there's a good man.

Back to the Lounge with you where you seem to have an informed opinion on everything & anything.

'Two Sheds' would be a far better Forum name.

Quids - I am not a catholic, but I do have an alternative thought on this. It is surely possible that there are people out there who genuinely believe in the catholic faith. They want to do good, and they try to do so, every day, in fact they devote their life to it. It is possible that the institution to which they belong lets them down, or does things it shouldn't, sometimes in a terrible way. But nonetheless that individual has a genuine faith, and has devoted his life to helping others.

I don't know this gentleman, but perhaps your condemnation of the catholic church and "all those who work for it" is a little hard on him?

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on the big picture issues, and in fact am not a fan of any organised religion, but I still think there are individuals within those institutions who genuinely try to do good. Perhaps this gentleman is one of those people. Those forumites who seem to know him certainly think so.

Look - my first post was a highly flippant remark that by itself makes no reference to any individual priest etc I'm sure this Father whatever is a decent fella etc. I hold no regard nor do I think that the Catholic church deserves any reverance and perhaps if members of the catholic community held a more irreverant attitude to the church and its authority then its appalling record on abuse and its aids spreading hogwash on condom use wouldn't have happened.

But as Sean said, this has been done to death elsewhere and is boring, so for stirring it up again - and for that alone - I apologise. Shall we just stop now?