Top 3 classic film moments

brum

Inspired by a brief PM exchange with charliecharlie, I've thought about the hundreds of classic film moments there could be, and come up with these three for starters:

1. The Rippling puddle in Jurassic Park

2. The opening sequence to The Sound of Music

3. 'Top of the World, Ma!' - Jimmy Cagney in White Heat

3. When Marlon Brando whips out the marge in Last Tango In Paris.

It's butter not marge and, typical bloke, he gets Maria Schneider to fetch it for him first.. >:D<

1. Omar Sharif's first appearance in "Laurence of Arabia"

2. The opening scene of "Betty Blue"

3. The closing montage of "The Godfather"

3 of my favourites

1) Scarface final scene - Al Pacino 'say hello to my little friend'

2) In another Sergio Leone movie, Once upon a time in America, Robert De'Niro standing at a NY train station reflecting on life as he flashes from a young man into an old man to the tune of Yesterday.

3) Opening scene in Once Upon a Time in the West, when Charles Bronson steps off the train and plays his Harmonica before the shootout

Schlinders List - Liam Neeson observing from a hill on the back of a horse the Jews being moved by the Nazi's. The scene is in black and white as most the movie is apart from the little girl he sees wearing a pink coat. He would see her again later.

Cinema Paradiso - The return after 30 years for the funeral. Don't ask me the actors name.

Saving Private Ryan - The beach landing

In the Heat of the Night, Sidney Poitier slaps Endicott then walks out to the car with Rod Steiger, he rants about pulling Endicott of the hill and Steiger looks at him and says, 'boy, oh boy you are just like the rest of us'

Charlton Heston finding the Statue of Liberty in Planet of the Apes

Next one is a toss up between Robert Donat's, Mr Chips final flashback of the children he had taught

Or

Ronald Coleman regaining his memory and recognising Greer Garson as his wife in the final scene of Random Harvest

The closing scene from the film Imitation of Life, where the daughter charges through the street at her mother's funeral and pulls the back of the funeral car open, to weep on her mother's coffin, OHMYGOD!

My mother adores that scene.

She tells me that there is a message in it for me, never leave it too late to apologise to your mother...

Loads above I really like....thanks for the reminders...Charlton Heston slamming his fists into the sand in Planet of the Apes....Gladiator....and Betty Blue.. ooh la la!!

Never seen Imitation of Life DM, but a worthy clip indeed. Get phoning your mum now (unless you've already done it!)

Santerme Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Charlton Heston finding the Statue of Liberty in

> Planet of the Apes

I concur with this pick. I did not guess the twist at all and my jaw dropped when it was revealed. Funny thing is, I watched it as a child but didn't remember anything about it when I saw it again many years later.

Also some other favourites:

The cemetary scene from start to finish in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

A head sprouting legs in John Carpenter's The Thing.

The ending scene of Invasion of the Body Snatchers with Donald Sutherland.

Peckwich Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Santerme Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > Charlton Heston finding the Statue of Liberty

> in

> > Planet of the Apes

>

> I concur with this pick. I did not guess the twist

> at all and my jaw dropped when it was revealed.

> Funny thing is, I watched it as a child but didn't

> remember anything about it when I saw it again

> many years later.

>

> Also some other favourites:

>

> The cemetary scene from start to finish in The

> Good, The Bad and the Ugly.

>

> A head sprouting legs in John Carpenter's The

> Thing.

>

> The ending scene of Invasion of the Body Snatchers

> with Donald Sutherland.

Ooh of course, and the scene where the 'electric heart starty irons' are applied to an infected crew members chest and the chest opens to reveal a gaping toothed maw and bites the medics hands off. A film that can still put the willies up me.

Here's some chick flick ones:

Rick and Ilsa at the airport - Casablanca - classic

Butch and Sundance coming out of their hiding place at the end of the movie - sob!

Meryl Streep and Robert Redford flying over Africa - Out of Africa - beautiful.