Why not be a bit annoying this Christmas?

Brendan

Ah yeah, love the song maaan.. stickin' it to the man - woo! How does it go again?

Feck you I won't tidy me bedroom

Feck you I won't get up before noon

Feck you I won't, like ummm stop mumbling and speak properly

Actually, given the choice, I think I's prefer the X-Fecktor winner, even if they were doing The Frog Chorus.

EXCERPTS FROM THE DIARY OF ZACK DE LA ROCHA, LEAD SINGER OF R.A.T.M.

Sunday 13th December

Up early today - for a Sunday! Busy day ahead, mostly raging (against the machine) but gotta get a few chores done too!!

Had Brunch (Eggs Benedict), then raged against the machine for an hour or two. Headed out Christmas Shopping.

6pm - Home. Too tired to rage against the machine tonight, so watching Strictly on Sky+.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think you're confusing taking the piss with

> "sticking it to the man" maaaaan.

>

> RATH were a corporate rock band. That's not really

> the point.

What is the point then?

And to be honest, other than 12 year old girls, who really gives a hoot about the charts anyway?

The point is, 'Titch' that if you buy this record, you will in fact be stickin' it to the man, yeah?

The point is that instead of buying some cringeworthy toecurler of a record because X-Factor says you should, you'll be buying some cringeworthy toecurler of a record because Facebook says you should. Ooh, I mean ummm, like, you'll be buying like a totally important record, with uuuummmmmm important stuff to say mmmmmmmmm.

Up yours, Cowell! Woo! D'ja hear where those bleeps are? Those are where the naughty words were. BAD words. Reap the whirlwind, bitch!

Zack? ZACK! Come back here and tidy your bedroom IMMEDIATELY? I beg your pardon? What did you just say?! Don't turn your back on me, young man..

Cowell will doubtless be shivering in his Christmas stockings once wind of this devious campaign to deprive dear Joe of his rightful spot at the top gets out.. as his PR machine revs-up predetermined X-Factor sales way above the expected.

Maybe he started the Facebook campaign?

Interestingly, Sony also owns Cowell's company Syco. Merry Christmas Sony!

I'm hip to this shit man. Even if it only slightly annoys Cowell it's 79p well spent. It was also an Inside 72 classic... usually played on a Wednesday at 7pm back to back with Tom Petty. Pay no attention Brendan - this forum is full of subdued rebels - with Che T shirts yet neutered by comfy jobs in the city, quality butcher meat and sour dough bread.

Anyway I could be wrong but I suppose most teenagers these days don?t even know who RATM were (are? I heard they reformed a few years ago) or have ever heard Killing in the Name. I?m sure they have their own equivalents of adolescent angst. McFly or the Sheilas or something I suppose.

He surely will now. it's a gift.

I suppose it is quite funny when you think about it.

Nearly a million people sign-up to a Facebook group in order to be told to go out and buy a record - the punchline of which is 'not doing what you're told' with the aim of bringing about a return to the glory days of previous Christmas number one chart-toppers.. like Benny Hill, Mr Blobby, Bob The Builder and St Winifred's School Choir.