Meet the kids

jimmy two times

jimmy two times Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Do you think it's right for a single woman to

> invite a single man over to her place with her

> kids there after only 3 dates? It seems a bit much

> to me.

Is your "objection" in respect of the kids or the single man?

jimmy two times Wrote:

> Yes. I feel it's somehow inappropriate to

> introduce a strange new male friend to kids that

> early. It can't be nice for them.

Surely whether single mum introduces male friend after 1st, 3rd, 10th, or 100th time of seeing him, will still be a new experience for the the kids when they meet him for the first time? (Sorry jimmy two times, but am I missing something here?). Also, what is single mum supposed to do...just "dump" the kids off somehwere? I am not a single mum...but it can't be easy in that situation...babysitters aren't always that accessible for a variety of reasons.

Also, off topic I know, but why are you called "jimmy two times"? - *giggles and legs it*

I have a theory which developed over the years in my family. It concerned my eldest brother who is a gent with a capital G. He married many moons ago and has three children. However two of them are twins. Thus we concluded that he consummated the marriage just two times.

Is that it Jimmy?

jimmy two times Wrote:

> Do you think it's right for a single woman to

> invite a single man over to her place with her

> kids there after only 3 dates? It seems a bit much

> to me.

As a single mum I think it is highly inappropriate - different if the children are in bed but they're around and being introduced, in whatever way, I just think it's wrong...kids of split up parents have enough do deal with without being introduced to someone who may or may not be around for a while...I'd only introduce if felt relationship was very serious. A single dad did the same to me (I was a single mum too by then, and he got his two little sons out of their beds to introduce me) and it really put me off.

Ive got mixed views. It depends on the adults and children involved, and how its done. If a big fuss is made about it all, then that's what is inappropriate. Dropping by for a cup of tea is no big deal. Kids arent that fragile. People come and go all the time, no one expects everyone they've ever been introduced to , to stick around forever .

Jimmy - just say to her that you think its a little early, I'm sure she will understand.

If she is doing this then she perhaps wants to make sure the fact that she has children does not put you off, and while that might be easy for you to say, she might want you to understand that children are real people.

daizie Wrote:

> My kids encourage me to invite a date home, so

> they can take the p1ss .

Mine usually take a new date to one side and give new date 'the talk', which usually includes discussions of broken legs and stuff. Very protective of their old ma, my kids.