Ireland is Fecked

Mick Mac

mmm Lol amusing, however you can get your point across without swearing, if you are going to say F*** you to someone say it and mean it, dont apologise for saying it, thats why Swearing should only ever be heard in Football games and Pubs based in Northern Ireland.>:D

Good Ol' Deputy Gogarty

He's an old schoolfriend of mine! We'll be catching up next week for a drink.

He can be a bit of a dick though sometimes.

But a very commited local politician and popular in his constituency.

Now - if only we had debate like that in the mother of all parliaments?

I agree with wee quinnie, Just because Monsieur le deputy de Gogarty is under 40, uses bad language, and is fired up with passion it does not mean that he is automatically right on this point. Don't be blinded by the fact that the wannabe political leaders of this country look like a gang of giggling anaemic school boys and we are currently longing for someone with a strong hand, high cheek bones and a dimple in his chin to take charge of our country...*swoon*

wee quinnie darling, I am sure that Monica meant to include those from Glasgow in that comment, so please don't be too offended.

And by the way, Lulu too, Deputy Gogarty never mentioned that he had friends in the area, he was in my home just yesterday and has done a wonderful job of re-pointing my back wall (he will be working for Carol cabs all over the Christmas period). The Irish make such fabulous builders, and their economy is truly in shatters *bats eyelashes*.

wee quinnie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> monica Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> >

> Swearing should

> > only ever be heard in Football games and Pubs

> > based in Northern Ireland.>:D

> Why pubs based in NI?

Just personal experience of pubs in NI

Mick Mac Wrote:

> Monica - you should be at home preparing for your

> big day tomorrow....I always think last minute

> cramming pay off, unless you are the girly swot

> type and have it all organised?

MMMM swotting for parading a donkey around Dulwich, with Santa dressed as Snow white, then dancing to Dominik the donkey on a back of the Surburban pirate vehicle. Yeah I was swottingB)

monica Wrote:

> Mick Mac Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Monica - you should be at home preparing for

> your

> > big day tomorrow....I always think last minute

> > cramming pay off, unless you are the girly swot

> > type and have it all organised?

>

> MMMM swotting for parading a donkey around

> Dulwich, with Santa dressed as Snow white, then

> dancing to Dominik the donkey on a back of the

> Surburban pirate vehicle. Yeah I was swottingB)

I was there monica - my children managed to follow the donkey the whole way down the road and get first into the grotto! good fun. thanks.

I think he felt the frustration in Ireland generally that they did not fix the roof when the sun was shining.

The trouble is the sun had never shone before in Ireland quite the way it did for the last 10 years of the celtic tiger and noone had experience of a crash. Now the country is close to bankrupt and this guy is feeling the strain - but its not him who made the poor decisions - the country in general got ahead of iself. Unfortunately.

Very true. Mind you we have an awful lot of experience of recession, crash and bust here yet miserably failed to make any hay this time around.

A good motto for life at any level is never believe your own hype. Brown is a clever man, he can't possibly believe his claims about abolishing boom and bust without a very powerful political ego deluding him.

Regardless we're not far behind Ireland in the danger I'd bankruptcy league (Greece current leaders) but at least Ireland really is making tough decisions. With the election camapign unoficially starting in the new year I see a lot of tough talk but no real action (or proposal of action) over and above cosmetic vote winning here.

Depressing.

The gentle beckoning of Eire back into the loving embrace of the U.K is long over due in my opinion. It's high time we bolted the back gate and fly the Union Jack over Dublin castle once again.

Then we could legitimately poach their Rugger players. O'Gara would look so much more charming in white.

Sorry, let me rephrase my latest fusillade.

Eire is a majestic isle that has furnished it's grateful neighbours with many a loyal subject who've strived to uphold the same level of decency and fair play that both nations hold so dear. The literature and academia that has impressed many scholarly John Bull's is in infinite supply and shall surely set the standard for generations to come.

Also, Sharpe wouldn't have been half as good without the Paddy fella.