Gingerism is the new Racism

Mick Mac

Ginger is a word that has been pretty much dropped from popular vocabulary - my daughther has bright orange (ginger) hair and all she ever hears is "haven't you got lovely hair" so I reckon the ginger correction has gone so far the other way she might not have to deal with much "gingerism".

Anyway as far as she is concerned her hair is orange and its a brave man who would tell her different.

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Anyway as far as she is concerned her hair is

> orange and its a brave man who would tell her

> different.

Mic

Sadly it's the other girls that will point it out, you know the blonde sl*gs, when she gets to secondary school 'an all that

Oh, they are cows for it

W**F

I work with a girl who has stunning ginger hair. When she first joined, after about 2 weeks of calling her by her proper name and not getting much of a response she confessed that all her mates just call her Ginge.

We did the "we could never call you that" but she insisted. So now we all do and its dead funny when you forget and do it infront of clients.

sambobia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is it on the wane? Or becoming more mainstream?

>

> This week, the ASA banned Virgin Media's ad: 'How

> do you spot a ginger in the dark?', for being

> 'seriously offensive' and likely to cause

> prejudice.

Thats what i was getting at. The G word is the latest word you cant use. In all honesty i have only heard it used a couple of times in our daughters 4 years.

Another example of gingerism with affection: I read a lovely story recently about some teenage boys running a charity relay after one of them recovered from cancer. His friend suggested they call themselves 'Team Jaffa Cake' because although he'd lost his ginger hair he was still orange on the inside.