Kings A&E last night

Laroon

Huge thank you to all the amazing doctors and nurses that helped my friend last night who slipped on the snow and dislocated her elbow... it was a very long night due to the huge amount of people they had to deal with, but all the staff were brilliant. Thank you!

Atila Reincarnate Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I hope she sues the council for failing to grit

> the pavement.

Is this really an appropriate action? Was the fall all down to the lack of grit?

Accidents happen. Trips, falls and bumps are part of life - most of us live with it rather than turn to the law for recompense. It was icy out with heavy snow, individuals have a responsbility to act safely. What sort of shoes was the individual wearing, did she/ he need to be out, were they using a walking stick?

Larron's response thanking the public sector staff that helped is far more appropriate than recommending suing another public sector department.

I dislike knee jerk litigation.

I agree with MM - I think it's quite sad to see such a negative response to the original post. Sometimes we have to take responsibility for things that happen to us and accept that some things - like bad weather- just happen and are nobody's fault.

We complain about a nanny state, but whoops - one fall and we want to know why there wasn't someone there waiting to catch us.

It is dangeour walking in these conditions, but to expect every inch of pavement to be gritted, is unrealistic, even with the best council in the land (not suggesting that Southwark are that). Also, even when gritted, the risk of falls is reduced, but doesn't go away.

Sorry your friend fell, and pleased to hear you had a good experience at Kings. Recently, I've been there with my baby daughter, and I've gone in an ambulance with my dad, and both times the staff have all been fab under busy conditions.

It angers me when people moan about these services, I know noone wants to sit waiting whilst in pain, but they really don't know how lucky they are compared to a lot of places!

giggirl Wrote:

> I'm surprised I didn't end up in A&E myself to be

> honest. I walked down Dog Kennel Hill in a pair

> of high heels entirely unsuited to the weather.

> Got caught unawares. I'm in Uggs today though so

> bring on the snow!

Good God! You deserve a medal for not ending up in A&E ! Not many people could do that.. im impressed :))

giggirl Wrote:

> I was more than a little scared Daizie - but thank

> you. I also nearly got hit by a car on a side

> street. It hit a parked car instead of me. Came

> skidding from nowhere and couldn't stop.

I bet! Blimey. I walked pigeon stepped down Lordship Lane from the top last night in flat shoes and that was scary enough, hats off to you girl!

I was in my Merrell hiking boots and nearly fell on my arse, so MASSIVE kudos giggirl. And daizie, that's not bad going either.

And Laroon, what a lovely post for the season of goodwill to all. I am always delighted by our NHS, and have seldom met with anything other than professionalism, compassion and friendliness.

On the subject of lovely NHS people, if I may, I would like to add my own personal shout-out to a nurse at the Chadwick Road surgery. Above and beyond and radiant levels of loveliness don't even begin to cover it.

i have already done this briefly but as this is a more appropriate thread id like to say that our very recent experience of the NHS and Kings was superb.we were looked after by about 15 different staff over the course of a number of days and each one, from nurses to consultants, were excellent.

i have already done this briefly but as this is a more appropriate thread id like to say that our very recent experience of the NHS and Kings was superb.we were looked after by about 15 different staff over the course of a number of days and each one, from nurses to consultants, were excellent.

Mick, any praise for Kings, in your circumstances, would be well placed on This thread.

It was started by someone just wanting some opinions, but I think a few people on there are put off Kings through pure snobbery, nothing more!

Atila Reincarnate Wrote:

> I hope she sues the council for failing to grit

> the pavement.

I thought this was an appropriate response in light of some other threads.

I'd also be hoping she sues the hospital for being slow and busy.

Keef Wrote:

> i have already done this briefly but as this is a

> more appropriate thread id like to say that our

> very recent experience of the NHS and Kings was

> superb.we were looked after by about 15 different

> staff over the course of a number of days and each

> one, from nurses to consultants, were excellent.

>

> Mick, any praise for Kings, in your circumstances,

> would be well placed on This thread.

>

> It was started by someone just wanting some

> opinions, but I think a few people on there are

> put off Kings through pure snobbery, nothing more!

Well Keef - I don't really go to the family room, and I would probably not try comparing Kings to St Thomas's as I have no knowledge of St Thomas's - but after last week if someone asked me where I would want to be if something went so wrong that someones life was at risk I would not want to be anywhere other than Kings - our local hospital.

I have not read the thread - but if anyone is considering a private hospital for childbirth, ahead of Kings, then I'd say that whilst private hospital wards are nicely set up and the care is attentive, childbirth is a very risky business and if something goes really wrong, you would possibly find yourself on an ambulance to Kings pdq. I would not want to take that risk.