Day of the Triffids

capt_birdseye

Watched it yesterday but soon lost interest. This isn't because of the programme itself, but because everytime I've visited my brother we've ended up watching a zombie film which predictably includes a survival/end of humanity angle which I'm now sick of.

I thought it ok, I nodded off last night half way through, after taking night nurse for this infernal code.

It seemed pretty ok to me, the only annoyance being that it seemed to only deal with the first part of the book, but i thought it looked good, great use of locations and mainly it was entertaining fun as the lads have said.

But obviously encourage people to read the book which was one of my first great literary loves there under the shadow of the bomb at the turn of the 70/80s.

I thought it was OK. The triffids themselves were laughable, but that was always going to be the case. Izzard wasn't as bad as the cap'n suggests.

There's not a lot of point comparing it with the book. You can't read a book in 2 hours, while eating dinner on the sofa and drinking a bottle of wine.

philip walker Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I thought it was awful, as much as I LOVE Izzard,

> I thought he was particularly rubbish..!

Nah... Jason Priestley was worse, and the evil henchman guy was worse still. Joely Richardson was a bit hammy too.

Actually the only decent performances were from Brian Cox and Vanessa Redgrave.

monica Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> who was the Doctor in the 70s? Was a bit too young

> to watch it back then, but then again I am shallow

> and only watched the David Tennant one, because of

> David Tennant.

Patrick Troughton (David Troughtons' dad "Vicar of Dibley") Jon Pertwee (Sean Pertwees' dad) followed by Tom Baker (voice over on "Little Britain")