Bishop or Rye for New Year's Eve?

emc

Yes I know there is a certain amount of apathy about New Year's Eve but just wondered if anyone who has been to either or both of the above venues could give their views? All I really want is a good dance and nice atmosphere...though I do go to The Bishop sometimes I find it a bit too young (am in late thirties)and esp at weekend a bit of a 'meat market.' But at the same time am worried that The Rye might be full of smug marrieds (sorry if generalising!) so any views from people who have actually attended would be great.

Thanks

For what its worth id say neither, far too contrived to be fun . I cant face buying a ticket in advance for anywhere .The Crystal Palace Tavern three years ago was suprisingly good, no ticket . The year after, The Prince Albert in Brixton ?2 entrance, google Offline Brixton was good/ different . Last year had the hump went to bed at 9.

emc Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I hear what you're all saying but I want to go out

> this year as have had babysitting offer (for the

> whole night, so a lie in too) so I feel I must

> take advantage.....

I think you should stay in and give me your babysitter's number so i don't have to watch Jules for the 7th year in a row.

Actually Jules is good but can he beat the year he had Duffy and Kylie on the same show - that was nice.

Bishop is definately not just for the 'east dulwich youngsters' on NYE...I have been for the past 4 years or so and had a great time. ?10 ticket - buy in advance - DJ, good number of people, great atmosphere and then food avaliable for the walk home afterwards! Do it! (Im skiing this year but will miss The Bishop!)