Seagull stuck on plant island, Peckham Rye Park 22nd Dec

EDmummy

Have posted this query under another thread but no one has responded. We were at Peckham Rye Park pond on 22 Dec and noticed a seagull stuck on one of the plant islands which are surrounded by wire. The seagull could not fly out and was in distress. We reported it to the park warden who said that someone had reported it about 4 hrs earlier. He was surprised that it had not got out but did not seem interested in doing anything further. A friend I was with rang the council and they said they would inform Animal Control (or some other such department).

Been away for a week and not back to the park since the 22nd. Does anyone know what happened? Did the seagull get out? My kids are quite anxious to know.

EDM wrote :-"He was surprised that it had not got out but did not seem interested in doing anything further" This makes me wonder whether the authorities now classify seagulls the same as pigeons (i.e. vermin)?. If so they,along with urban foxes, are the victims of our rubbish society which leaves food out on the streets in flimsy plastic bags.