career women make bad mothers ad campaign

Tanza

this is so oversimplified...some career women make bad mothers and some make good mothers... as much as housewifes can make bad or good mothers...

i can?t understand why some people can start a campain and waste so much energy for such a vague topic...:-S

you are right: it is irritating!

...it depends what the one who started the post wants to chat about...

is it the ad and it?s power or the issue with career women itself...

i don?t think i missed the point here;-)...it just depends on the question...

so let?s ask the one who made the post: do you want to talk about the "power of an advert" or do you actually want to talk about the "career women"...

as if we are talking about the influences of ad?s i do not think it?s irritating at all...but if we are talking about the "career women" issue...then i do think it?s irritating!

tanza? what?s irritating to you?

maybe that helps us to know what you acutally mean!?!

Bus company ads are run by CBS Outdoor (an old outfit of mine).

In Jan occupancy is typically around 10%.

Mid 90s we ran charity campaigns on the other 90%, by the early noughties we ran campaigns aimed at ad agencies with photofits of senior guys in advertisng and game cards. The idea was that it would make agencies aware of how often they see bus campaigns.

CBS joined with the OAA (Outdoor Advertising Association) in the mid noughties and persuaded them that the medium itself was a way of promoting the medium.

Most ad agencies still reject outdoor posters on the grounds that their content is subliminal.

This particular campaign is to prove that outdoor campaigns are not passed over, but they incite public debate and engagement. They have no conviction in any challenge, the objective is merely to prove engagement.

They have 90% void, it costs nothing.

It's brilliant.

Really, unless you're a sucker, you need to make the debate disappear ;-)

I'd say it's effective but cheap. They could achieve the same result without using a statement that will make a lot of working women feel even more guilty and some non-working mothers / reactionary men just that bit more smug and critical. The Daily Mail will probably run a series of editorials agreeing with it, larded with examples of celebrity mothers to prove their point.