Dogs in pubs?

JamesG

Dandy is a perfect pub dog (apart from size) as he does very little, is quiet and very friendly if approached.

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The Clockhouse has always been dog friendly. Is

> your dog pub friendly?

Dogs in pubs are great, so long as they're not wandering round annoying people who may not be too keen.

We had a dog when I was a kid, and he'd walk himself to the CPT, where they'd give him an ashtray full of beer whilst he waited for my dad to turn up. Them was the days.

I posted this originally in case anyone else had had a bad experience at the Vale like the one detailed below.

I ordered drinks for 3 people and within minutes of sitting down was asked to leave because of my dog. I said we would leave after we?d finished our drinks as it was totally unreasonable to serve drinks then immediately evict!! The manger said ?no the dog had to leave? so I said we?d leave with a refund which he declined. This turned it to a hideous row until my wife insisted that we leave before it got even more unpleasant.

Sadly the word I want tom write would probably get me banned for the forum but I?m sure you can use your imagination.

BTW my dog is a big greyhound so hardly one the barman could miss!