Jonathan Ross to leave the Beeb

jaybee82

I, on the other hand, thought the Jonathan Ross show was at times, fantastic.

I'm not sure he recovered from the Sachs affair and on his return it went downhill.

Before all that he interviewed Jay Z and at the end of the interview you could hear Jay Z say "They told me you were good man - but I did not expect you to be that good".

He brought something different out of his guests and the US guests in particular, who you could see, sat down to go through the motions but soon realised this would be a very different intereview.

Graham Norton is really good too but a different style. Chris Evans I can't stand.

This marks the beginning of a big shake-up for the BBCs current crop of talent!

I have some gossip, through my television connections:

Adrian Chiles to fill Ross's Friday night slot.

Titchmarsh to do Crimewatch.

Vernon Kaye and Tess Daly to chair Question Time.

When I heard that Rossy and Norton and Madonna were on vast salaries, I thought it was about time the Beeb was turned upside down and shaken, just to see what would fall out of it's pockets.

They are financed heavily via the extortionate licence fee and yet produce relatively few programmes. The money goes into the wrong pockets, not into the coffers of the talented.

Steve,

You need to put the likes JR's salary (6 million / year) in the context of the BBCs annual budget (in excess of 4+ Billions / year). It's meaningless.. and getting shot of him solely to pander to some crowd-pleasing notion of cost-cutting is equally meaningless. All it means in the long run is that more people will have to suck Rupert Murdoch off in order to watch people they want to see.

It wasn't so long ago that the BBC 'did sport' and now we just accept that they don't. Instead, nowadays half the population simply bend over like lambs to be shafted up the butt by Murdoch every time they want to see a ball kicked.

What do you consider as current 'telvision talent' anyway? Give us a list. Be sure that for every 'worthless' programmes you'd like to be shot of, there will be a dozen that you consider 'favourites' that I would like to see blasted out of existence.

I liked the chat show too, but I did have the feeling that it had run its course during the last series. The guest roll-call was tired and repetitive (I'm sure some of them had been on less than a year prior?) and Wossy sometimes struggled to keep things moving - but that's down to a decline in and tiredness of the format itself as much as anything.

I thought that one of the most interesting interviews was (look away now, those easily offended) was Ross and Chris Evans, which was notably sparky and genuinely interesting in comparison to many others.

Of course it was simply wonderful when Parky 'did' Ali and blah blah blah, but television is (thankfully) an evolving medium and nothing stays the same. I enjoy seeing archive stuff but PLEASE no more wheeling Tony Curtis out AGAIN to hear the same stuff over and over and over and over.

*Bob* - I think Wossy himself put his own salary into context at the British Comedy Awards in 2007 when news of his ?18 million pay package came out close to the time that the BBC said it was cutting hundreds of jobs in its newsroom. Wossy said he was ``worth a thousand BBC journalists.''

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Steve,

> You need to put the likes JR's salary (6 million /

> year) in the context of the BBCs annual budget (in

> excess of 4+ Billions / year). It's meaningless..

> and getting shot of him solely to pander to some

> crowd-pleasing notion of cost-cutting is equally

> meaningless. All it means in the long run is that

> more people will have to suck Rupert Murdoch off

> in order to watch people they want to see.

>

> It wasn't so long ago that the BBC 'did sport' and

> now we just accept that they don't. Instead,

> nowadays half the population simply bend over like

> lambs to be shafted up the butt by Murdoch every

> time they want to see a ball kicked.

>

> What do you consider as current 'telvision talent'

> anyway? Give us a list. Be sure that for every

> 'worthless' programmes you'd like to be shot of,

> there will be a dozen that you consider

> 'favourites' that I would like to see blasted out