Garb attire ....

woofmarkthedog

OK

Winter "fashion" out....

Winter "Garb attire" is in...

Oh how I love seeing the change in "Garb attire" as the sub zero "Arctic" temperatures kick in & Lordship lane sets like a "visually dyslexic" catwalk now.

It's full of red faced troopers wearing old & faded ski wear, mismatched hats & ill-fitting snow suits but what I really love is the improvisational items.

I mean why wear one coat when two massively different ones will work to keep out the cold , track suit trousers forced under pairs of jeans with, everyone of them looking like an overstuffed "chesterfield" their arms set at 30 degrees due to the extra padding.

Men in boots is a definitely a "sub genre" with smug pratts in "Cotswold-on-line" specials laced up hard & taking the long route to "William Rose" just to prove a point

"See, they were worth it" & she making her way in "Cath Kidston" Hunters, mentaly giving him the "Wank*r". sign

Wellington boots are "big" or slightly too small, with fisherman socks turned over but cutting off circulation to chill the toes quicker than intended, worn with a tenacity that says "British"

Trainers & their "owners" fill a whole slot of their own, class driven maybe but it's their attitude that reigns.

"I know that this choice of footwear spells the most danger but carry on I will" all the while "bustin" moves on the residing ice sheet that "Bo Jangles" would struggle to copy

In all it's quite a mad state, though stand by "The Duvet Coat" is on it's way

Keep 'em peeled as in "Billy Rose's " line up on Saturday morn, it's bound to make a show some time soon

Gawd help us....

Mwah...Mwah

W**F

Gawd help us indeed Woofie. Indeed. Is this the new fashion thread? Personally I'm rocking the layered look a la All Saints (but gone a bit extreme so not too far off the Michelin man) with Hunter wellies (navy blue), two pairs of socks and an oversized duffle coat in a fetching pastel blue. I don't have much movement in my arms and I walk like a farmer. The closest I've been to dressing like a woman this year is the 15 minutes I spent in the dressing room at the McQueens shop this afternoon trying on something in electric blue shantung silk and exercising my American Express. I've bought myself a cashmere cardi in shocking pink and a thermal vest. That's as feminine as I can manage until there's a thaw.

SteveT Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When I was a lad this style jacket would be termed

> a 'bum-freezer'.

Yes Steve but ....

The days of sending a child out "naked" bar a borrowed jacket are thankfully long gone

But then again you are a cold blast from "antiquity" of Winters gone by, all smog filled and lantern lit.

With torn sepia photos & choking back the tears from running down your sooted face.

Traveling the "Clapham Omnibus" from nowhere to who cares.

That's you isn't it ...

W**F

*Oh ...shiver....did someone walk over my grave ?*

Though unfashionable, I see no harm in a mismatching ski hat to combat the winter chills - in my opinion you seem to be missing the point that given the current climate, it is more important to be practical, keep warm, and stay healthy, than to impress the strangers around us with floosy, flimsy and flu-inducing fashion, whether you look fashionable or 'visually dyslexic' or not.http://www.postalgold.info/

Anyway the grey Schott puffa/anorak with Timberland square-toed slip-on distressed waterproof boots, the ones that got a bit more distressed at a Pogues show a couple of years back have been standing me in good stead.

I've been wearing them over what I'd be wearing any old how, that is shirt and strides and then chucked on a selection of caps and scarves just to make sure.

On the brighter days I've added either a pair of Ray Ban Outdoorsman or Ray Ban squarish redneck Southern American sheriff shades, just to make sure.

giggirl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Calm yourself Daizie.

>

> I myself ventured out in a pair of heels today.

> Daring or what? Only an uber cautious 2 and 3/4

> inches but still. If the BBC 5 day forecast got

> it wrong then it's an expensive taxi home for me.

*'Jerusalem' plays quietly in the background*

And did those feet, indeed... Giggi venturing out in heels which I respectfully submit no other chica had the huevos to wear in recent times.

Vaya con Dios Giggi and come back safe.

*'Jerusalem' fades and then kicks into that one from The Bees that Robert Elms used to play*