Labour suddenly interested in white working class shocker

????

Only read the beginning, but it reminded me of when I was a student on placement before I qualified. A job came up where I was doing my placement, and a nice lass in the office said to me "make sure you mention the minority groups in your interview, they like that". I asked what they were, and she said;

Women

Ethnic minorities

Homosexuals

Elderly

Disabled

So basically, EVERYONE who wasn't a straight white bloke without a disability. I think the word "minorities" may have been somewhat misunderstood there.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Mostly sounds like common sense to me

It may sound like common sense to you Sean, but with due respect, I suspect that your circle of friends/colleagues/relatives etc. are in all probability mostly white?...and, if that is the case, I can see how you might genuinely believe the situation in that article as being correct. However, I think it is naive to suggest that (although we have moved on enormously) ethnic minority groups (especially those of Afro Carribean heritage) do not suffer disproportionately when it comes to discrimination in the employment sector.

LadyMuck - not disagreeing with you as such but he isn't saying everything is tickety boo now - he is saying let's not keep fighting the same battles with the same outdated equipment

I don't want to get into the whole white-man-says-he-has-black friends thing either, but given that's the assumption, I do have to correct it and say I am aware