Windows 7

Narnia

I have the disk to update my pre release purchased laptop with the above but have been afraid to do it. I'm sure I read somewhere of there being problems with it. Has anyone done this and if so did it run smoothly? Any feedback welcomed. Thanks.

I've upgraded 1 laptop and 2 PCs in the last two weeks and have had no issues whatsoever but I would say:

1) Run the Windows 7 upgrade advisor

2) If you have Itunes, it may say uninstall it but all you have to do is de-authorise the computer, install Windows 7, then re-authorise it

3) It takes a while, mine all took between 3 - 6 hours each but after the initial 15 minutes you can leave it to do its own stuff. I left mine running overnight.

You may have to tweak a couple of things at first (pinning things to the start menu/task bar but it's worth spending 10 minutes after the install watching the what's new in Windows 7 video.

Good luck

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• The dustmen kindly broke my garden gate this morning,  so I am looking for a replacement.  I could make a complaint to the council, however I know I will have to prove it and provide a receipt,  both I can't provide. Many thanks. 
    • My front gate has expired! Does anyone have an unwanted one - ideally wrought iron? Many thanks. 
    • Do also remember that, whilst this is the original there is an unrelated FB presence with a (very) similar name, which might also be prayed in aid. 
    • Yet another increase, its absolutely disgusting. I was charged £7.95 to send documents recorded delivery last week. I asked for the Signed for option that only costs £2.50 but the Post Office refused & said they would only send them recorded delivery. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In