What's best Friday or Saturday night?

????

Don't get me wrong, I love a night out PERIOD. Saturday nights are good. More chance of a leisurely day, bit of planning, people tend to have parties or dinner parties, yada, yada yada.

But Friday nights...absolutley love 'em. Finish work and get right on it. No 'Going home to freshen up' malarky. Best night of the week, always has been (despite the amateurs). I've got Friday on my mind!

(PS all academic wishful thinking as I hardly ever go out ever now i've 3 kids under 5)

Friday by a country mile, end of hard working week and all that.

As Joe jackson said in 1978 in his song 'Friday' :

"

Monday morning

Friday's far away

Pray you'll make it

It's a magic day

Bells will ring and you'll go out to play

Spend your money

Pass the bottle

Friday rules

Friday rules OK

Ain't talking 'bout Monday

Ain't talking 'bout Tuesday

Ain't talking 'bout Wednesday

Ain't talking 'bout Thursday

I 'm talking 'bout . . .

She don't care no more

She don't need to fight it

She don't care no more

She gets paid on Friday

"

Anything can happen on a Friday ... no plans just go out after work and see what happens!

Saturdays are usually too regimented with someone having actually arranged to do something or go somewhere. Saturdays can also be a bit of a ballache as you may be dealing from that Friday night!

Or as The Easybeats put it.

Monday morning feels so bad,

Ev'rybody seems to nag me

Coming tuesday I feel better,

Even my old man looks good,

Wednesday just don't go,

Thursday goes too slow,

I've got Friday on my mind

Chorus

Gonna have fun in the city,

Be with my girl she's so pretty,

She looks fine tonight,

She is out of sight to me,

Tonight....I spend my bread,

Tonight...I lose my head,

Tonight...I got to get tonight

Monday I have Friday on my mind.

Do the five day drag once more,

Know of nothing else that bugs me

More than working for the rich man,

Hey I'll change that scene one day,

Today I might be mad,

Tomorrow I'll be glad,

I've got Friday on my mind,

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Eddie and the Hot Rods at 100 Club this eve :)

> After beers and pool first of course.....

don't know the band or the club but the beers and pool on a fri eve sounds cool - yay, here's to the next one.....!hope your fri was good KidKruger

maybe I should start a thread about lazy Sundays....:)

Jah - yeah I reckon they probably have been playing a thousand years or more !! 100 Club is good for dinosaur bands...

Katie - beers pool WAS cool and managed to stay on table a while too, a good crack had !! Lazy Sunday indeed tomorrow, breakfast in Spitalfields by way of bagels and coffee..... enjoy yours !!

• 6 months later...

legalbeagle Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So what have you just been getting up to then

> Katie?!

W-ell my decision is only based on this weekend so my scoring system is not exactly scientific.

spending more time enjoying being at home in ED on Sat is way better* (I'm easily pleased) ....

*than going out with the team on Fri and talking about work all eve (zzzzzz)