Adrenaline Junkie, Moi? Non.

giggirl

I went quadbiking yesterday and I didn?t die. Ta da.

I know ED is full of James Bond types who think nothing of throwing themselves out of aeroplanes and such but ?? I just want to say that I was very frightened but I did it anyway and I didn?t complain.

I?ve steered today?s water-cooler moments towards ?what we did at the weekend? so I could slip it in and be all nonchalant but that?s been time consuming and random so I thought I would just start a thread. Besides, I?m not sure anyone believes me and I've been getting "looks".

I'm nobody's idea of action woman and the nearest I get to an actual adrenaline rush is Selfridges on a Saturday afternoon. I?ll still readily throw myself into a mosh pit but I?m so out of there if anything kicks off.

It was (for me) a bizarre choice of Sunday morning pursuits but that?s the point. My bitches had been laughing at me ? to my face (I can totally slate them as they don?t know about the Forum) so at all costs I wanted to fight my way out of their pigeon hole. I suggested qadbiking to them as an alternative to a day at the spa. The bitches wouldn?t bite so I took one of their husbands with me instead.

It?s actually rather dangerous you know. I physically shook in my wellies as the leader talked us through safety, explained that the waterlogged terrain was the most dangerous they had ever known, and handed out vile green waterproof overall jobbies.

I have no plans for anything further ? although I have had a text saying ?what?s next, parachuting in heels??. Fekkers.

Darling giggirl, haveing met me you know I am alive and well after have been a motorcyclist for years, and so if you would like another shot of adrenaline, don't sit on the back of my bike. But if you would like to come for a ride on the back of my bike just to experience the fun, you're always welcome... The adrenaline may just kick in for you if I go at - ohhh maybe forty miles an hour? Yes, I'd slow down just for you...

I doubt I'll ever do either, due to legs going slightly jelly-like when heights are involved, but I think, if forced, I'd do a parachute jump rather than bungee. And if I had to bungee, it would have to be over water, none of this crane in Tescos car park nonsense!

PeRose - very kind - but if I was ever on the back of your bike I would probably break one of your ribs I would be holding on so tight. 40mph - that fast huh! Scary.

Each to their own. I can't ride a normal bike so I've just emailed this chap I found on the internet who teaches adults to ride bikes. If you see me wobbling about please don't laugh - it's cruel.

Px