Running + Blisters = Ouch

Lost Yorkshire Man

Morning All

I have always suffered from blisters when running but really need some advice on how to protect my feet as the problem appears to be getting worse.

I have one long blister down the length of each inside arch. I have tried fake skin and a few other things but to no avail.

Should I pad it out? Better socks? Cotton wool?

Thanks

Yes - I have been to London Marathon Store and Runners Need for my last two pairs of trainers and have had my run analysed etc.

I think I am going to go back to Runners Need tonight and see what they suggest.

I will contemplate the urine approach but not sure I will be able to do this half way round my run (round about the Horniman!!!)

No point in hardening your feet up like that, it'll cause more problems. Try Compeed blister plasters, they are excellent. You just leave them on until they fall off. Also try slathering the areas in vaseline. Runner's World website has a lot of good tips as does their forum have a read. There are more complicated measures you can take.

There's a running shop on Longacre, Covent Garden, it might be worth giving them a bell, they do quite a bit of analysis and (for me anyways) videoed my footfall as I ran on a treadmill so they could recommend the appropriate shoes. I been lucky and never had blisters hardly ever from distance running, including some 20 mile + runs, so perhaps yours are due to the shape of your feet, perhaps the arches in the shoes you use are too prominent and therefore rubbing ?

anyways just a thought they may be able to help.

It's definitely worth getting some really good socks too - I had special dual layer socks when I used to run regularly (did London in 2005), they really helped prevent blisters. Even the best, most worn in shoes are pushed to their limit when you do a marathon, blisters appear where you've never had them before! I found the running shop in Beckenham really friendly and helpful, and not as busy as some of the Central London ones.

Good luck. I loved every minute of the marathon, best day ever!

I had a really bad experience with Profeet. I ended up getting a full refund after missing a month with an injury which two seperate podiatrists put down to their orthotics. If you are going to get orthotics go to a podiatrist, somewhere like the Crystal Palace Sports Injury Clinic.

Well....

Pads on your knees maybe ?

Crawl like a man, I mean where are you actually running to "Northern Man" ?

Hmmmmm..... this city is laced with transport systems, wake up & choose the blister free option

You aren't built for it obviously & we don't do medals for "grit" down here

Lawdy lorks....

"Next...? "

W**F