Modern music

steveo

I wouldn't know - being a signed up member of the grumpy old man club I gave up listening to anything new in about 2002ish. Nothing my nephew, mates' kids, trendy dads play has convinced me there's anything new that does it for me but as I said I can't say I've tried very hard. Infact, I've been more inclined to delve back into music from the past that i didn't listen to back then...even some 'Progressive'

I wouldn't know - being a signed up member of the grumpy old man club I gave up listening to anything new in about 2002ish. Nothing my nephew, mates' kids, trendy dads play has convinced me there's anything new that does it for me but as I said I can't say I've tried very hard. Infact, I've been more inclined to delve back into music from the past that i didn't listen to back then...even some 'Progressive'

The latter (but I mean stuff a bit less obvious than DSOTM)...still not convinced by it either. But I'm getting a disturbing liking for 1970s westcoast folk/rocky stuff...and trying a bit of british 70s heavy metal Deep Purple/Sabbath which I used to hate. Also Neil Young and Bob Dylan who as a 15 year old I dimissed as "Hippy sh1t", I love now, although that's been the case for a fair while (ie 20+ years!).

Sabbath rock! Just don't bother with anything after Ozzy left. Despite loving "wish you were here", I've never been able to get in to Floyd. Find myself hating most new guitar bands, but have liked a few pop records this last year, like "bulletproof" by LaRoux.

It?s just age. The type of music they play on the radio and television is (and was) always crap. As we get old we just get less able to scratch the surface and find the decent stuff. I?m sure it is still out there I?m just too busy to seek it out. But every now and again a gem like the Decemberists floats to the surface.

For the most part however I?m perfectly happy listening to early 90s punk and alternative and pretending it?s current.