Recession is over ......hip hip ...

Mick Mac

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Its over, but only at a crawl

>

> Should we all celebrate?

I think's it's a bit premature for that...shall we just wait for those who lost their jobs as a result to regain employment first?

We really need to get this economy going again the exact same way it was so that we can get back to the job of driving forward the gap between the rich and the poor and ensuring we force millions more children into lives of abject poverty. This way we can ensure that there will be an even larger disenfranchised underclass in a generation?s time and that our children can live in a world filled with all the shit that brings. Bars on the doors and window are a lovely way to live (trust me I know). Who are the little bastards anyway to expect to inherit a worthwhile world based on some premise of human decency?

Mick Mac Wrote:

> FFS - How to kill a party.

Sorry Mick Mac...my hubby was made redundant in August and is still looking for a job.

I guess I should have posted one of my *actions* up with something humourous in between...but i didn't feel the situation was right for that. Didn't mean to "kill the party"...thought this was a place for debate.

*goes away upset*

The end of the recession is good news for everybody. Discuss.

Its like a school debate where the team debating the wrong answer has a bit of a challenge on their hands.

We are no longer in recession FACT. Anyone who would prefer to have remained in recession is welcome to it.

This thread seems to be loaded with people stating why the recession was bad for them or others close to them. This suggests to me that they should be most pleased that the recession has come to an end in that they are the people most badly affected by it.

Oh I have no desire for the economy to remain in recession (if has effected my household significantly). I just don?t think that a return to the things that caused it and were already damaging society in other ways is necessarily the answer. But then people in general are just too fukwitted to think about anything other than how things will turn out for them in the immediate future.

Surely we should all be thinking about what type of world we?re going to leave behind when we?re done with it not just about how soon we?re going to be able to borrow against our mortgages again?

Brendan Wrote:

>

> Surely we should all be thinking about what type

> of world we?re going to leave behind when we?re

> done with it not just about how soon we?re gouging

> to be able to borrow against our mortgages again?

That's a more general thought Brendan.

No....

No longer going backwards, no more recession

Though think about it like this....

We were on a beach making sand castles & to fill our little moats we had to follow the receding water.

So follow, follow we did & further, further the sandy beach went.

Would it ever stop ?

Who knew, it had happened before but never this far

Well it had to stop one day and today , right now was the time....but when we looked up, when we looked round where had the head land gone, where was ...

....M U M M Y

That's right that nasty man stole her & all our money and now we had a long walk home

W**F

I suppose but it is a specific point about whether a return to an economy based on how much money the country owes itself, a situation which will only lead to the ultimate enrichment of a very select few and inevitably arse fuck us all again in a decade?s time, is necessarily preferable.

The economy is cyclical. Governments have tried to deal with this many times but its inevitable.

Only growth will allow our companies to be successful and pay down the taxes that will help with the national debt, so its a step in the right direction.

It's not realy over - it's a false dawn.

The Various global scrappage schemes boosted economic growth weakly

US housing activity is now sliding again

German Consumer confidence down

?250 billion of 'money printed' for 0.1% growth...we can't do that again it's one off and just delayed the pain IMO

Major reductions in Public Sector spending due anytime soon

Changing nature of employment means that although unemplyment per se has defied the critics actually many households are far down in income terms as there's been a massive reduction in full time at full rate work

Inflation edging up and that'll put interest rates up soon - as will the markets unless we convince them we are going to do something about our levels of govt debt. That has potentially huge damaging effect on the economy.

Tax raises (NI) due next year.

Weak pound is increasing the inflation rate and hugely damaging for us with an over reliance on foreign energy and raw materials.

The weak pound is as yet failing to benefit our manufacturing as most of our key trading partners are in very similar situations and we have far less a share of emerging markets trade than our key competitors

Fundamentally, and kind of linked to what Brendan said, much of the growth of the last 10 years has largely been false, based on debt and overgearing (individually and corporately) or 'selling' things taht were largely worthless. This pain has to work itself out and we've only just begun.

:)-D

???? Wrote:

> It's not realy over

No - It really is - I read it.

If we revert back into recession, that will be a new recession. But this one is over - defo - no more agruements now, please, I can't take any more.

HAL9000 Wrote:

> I don't want to pour cold water on Mick Mac's

> parade but...

>

> IMF head in 'double-dip' global economy warning

Double dip - great - some people did not even want this one to end.