Piano or ukelele?

louisiana

For many years I've been itching to replace piano that I had.

But they are big, heavy, difficult to move.

Should I just buy a ukelele instead?

Or will the joy I get out of having a piano again outweigh any practical downsides?

(Provoked by leafing through Barbican music shop sheet music shelves...for piano.)

Daizie, did you know that there is an Organ Constructor's Society? It might be of interest if you have specific requirements? It is a society for those interested in building and/or customizing organs and similar electronic instruments.

I am reliably informed that the Society was founded in 1960 by the late Arthur le Boutillier in order to bring together enthusiasts who were building electronic organs from kits or to designs published in books and magazines.

Just a thought.

8 x 4

"Oblong" ?

Did he bury her in it ?

That would be "Grand"

"You name it son & I'll play it" as it were wheeled "flameward" at the crem

We had a wake in a disused tram halfway up Dog Kennel Hill making a slide with all the spam sandwiches later

The cat ate her hat

I later married a "luncheon voucher" as was my duty

"Peep peep"

W**F

Attached is an X- Ray of my wind up workings ( key inserted )

oh for goodness sake you could have just said it was an upright grand. How on earth did 5 of you sleep under it? Nevermind this is pointless...

Back on task - Louisiana go with the piano my dear - you can't beat deafening the neighbours with a good bit of Rachmaninov on a early Sunday morning :)) Either that or consider investing in a set of kettle drums ;-)

Neither!

If you want a piano but are concerned about the size and portability, get a Yamaha digital piano. They sound great and have a fairly realistic touch (although of course they look a bit ugly).

And I would go for a guitar instead of a ukulele. Much more versatile, much more music available... although it does lack the wacky comedy value.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Neither!

> If you want a piano but are concerned about the

> size and portability, get a Yamaha digital piano.

You can put a digital plant pot on top, and play it on Saturday mornings after a cup of digital coffee and a slice of digital toast. It'll be just like the real thing.