The Irony!

davidC

I believe that actually the Iceland dairy cows are kept in large herds on barren mountain terrain and fed on yellow grass. Whereas Waitrose cows are allowed to roam free and eat the lush green grass in the meadow. You pays your money, you takes your choice!

davidC Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Blue Mountain Cafe buys it's Milk from ICELAND....

> brilliant! I love it.

>

> Charge us rid. amount for a coffee... get your

> supplies from a Hole.

I drink my coffee black so I don't see how this affects me. So I'm out.

Although if you had said they got their coffee from Iceland you might be on to something. I doubt very much that they do.

davidC Wrote:

> brilliant! I love it.

>

> supplies from a Hole.

Hey...

david C

Leave ol' blue mountain alone, times is hard you know

I bet you eat own brand cereals anyway, whilst wearing your girlfriends negligee

Moobs a kimbo and all that

Lastly, pray what does the "C" stand for

Cheeky ?

Cheesy ?

Cock ?

cunt ?

Go on put us out of our mis.

W**F

Good Afternoon Lounge - well seems like a lot of milk we get in the UK is from cows that have never grazed on grass/ ever been outdoors...so I am not sure what brands you expect the coffee shop to use. I suspect milk from many shops ranging from Waitrose - Iceland is not that different unless it says from blah blah whatever Dairy or (does organic mean the cow has been raised outside or simply been fed organic feed in one of these intensive milking farms....I don't know).

I enjoy Blue Mountain's coffee and agree with the others the pricing will reflect the coffee costs rather than the milk.

The low carbon footprint from BMountain to Iceland must be applauded tho?;-)

davidC Wrote:

> brilliant! I love it.

>

> supplies from a Hole.

The milk probably isn't that different BUT the amount the supermarkets pay the farmer can vary enormously. I buy my milk from Ocado (Waitrose) because I know that Waitrose pay their farmers a fair amount and encourages them to plant/maintain hedgerows which has got to be good for the countryside as a whole. If that costs me an extra couple of pence a pint, then I'd rather that than end up in the potentially ludicrous scenario of having empty fields in the UK but having to import milk.

celand were the first big store to completely ban GM ingredients from all their own brand products. (NB other goods on sale in Iceland, as in other supermarket chains, are not guaranteed.) Tel: 0990 133373

Dont know if this means food cows eat, anyway why would any business pay ?1.53 when its only ?1 at Iceland.

davidC Wrote:

> brilliant! I love it.

>

> supplies from a Hole.

BM are not buying milk from Iceland, they are sourcing local ingredients. And more power to their elbow I say.

Actually someone working in Iceland with a decent elbow could probably, with a bit of a run up to the Pamerston throw it to land outside BM, thus saving on expensive trainer wear all round.

Everyone's a winner, as Hot Chocolate once trilled.

Do they do hot chocolate in BM?

katie1997 Wrote:

(does

> organic mean the cow has been raised outside or

> simply been fed organic feed in one of these

> intensive milking farms....I don't know).

Exact detail will I think depend on the certification scheme, but the main accreditation in the UK is Soil Association, which will mean that the animals involved are free range (and often required to have more space than standard free range) as well as avoiding antibiotics and certain drugs (relying on good animal husbandry instead) and GM is banned from feed.

Iceland have a pretty good rep in the food production stakes - I've said it before and I'll say it again, just because it's frozen doesn't mean it's shit. However, I can't say the same for a chicken tikka lasagne - there's something terribly terribly wrong there.

Keef Wrote:

> Biggest irony here is that a thread about irony

> had no irony in it. That's ironic.

Kind of like rain on your wedding day in that respect, or, you know, a free ride when you've alrady paid...