Who doesn't have an iphone?

Roll Deep

Are there any other rebels who've yet to be assimilated into the order of the icult? I agree the wizardry is tempting, although a little hard to keep track of.

But I'm not fussed.

I'm happy to keep plodding on with my medieval mouthpiece. Restricted to communication only, with the added luxury of an in-built video camera for those occasions.

So ipeople, if offered an upgrade or a flying carpet, which would you choose?

I don't have an iphone and I refuse to get one until they're as common as muck. I don't want to own a fancy phone that gets snatched from me on the bus home.

I recently had a weekend in Center Parcs (Thetford) with a number if iphone owners. They struggled to get a signal for most of the weekend whereas my 5 year old Motorola basic model was fully operational all weekend. OK I couldn't hear people very well but I had a functioning phone. Now, whenever they try to impress me with their apps, I remind them of the Thetford weekend.

Me.

I love having a phone which I can drop, leave in the pub or smash with a hammer without a care in the world. And even though it doesn't double as an ocarina when you blow into the microphone, it seems to work just fine as a phone.

And my ?8.99 monthly bill (for more minutes and texts than I ever need) from Orange is a delight.

For proper business use the new slick, Blackberry Bold 9700 leads the way at this time in my humble opinion.

Until they sort the battery life and security I'm not switching. Also don't love virtual keyboards but thats just me. I'm 1 in a 100 with this view.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> giggirl you go to centreparks?

Absolutely - I love them - been a couple of times. I can only do three days mind - then I long for a lung-full of city air. Thetford was running at 80% capacity on the third weekend after Christmas so they must be doing something right. The food isn't good (although it's better than it was a few years ago), but you can just get a big Ocado delivery and take it all with you.

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Not me. Too geeky. I'm happy with my old banger.

See I believe you Jah

Somehow I see you with a wind up clockwork phone

All inlaid in finest rosewood & a brass arial

"Hello, Sydenham 259...Jah speaking.."

A light wiff of "Bombay Sapphire" in the mouthpiece

W**F

They're tools of vanity. They serve no purpose other than to generate gloating discourse in offices and their associated social scenes.

Gideon: "Hey Ptolomy, have you seen my new squash raquet?"

Ptolomy: "Get f_cked loser. I play squash online anywhere I want now thanks to my handset."

G: "But Ptolomy, I thought we were friends."

P: "Yeah, we were friends until I realised my potential and Appled up."

But what does it do? I mean I know it makes phonecalls, but I have a phone. It takes pictures but I have a camera. In my phone. I think it might be able to direct me to places? But I have an A-Z and tend to find out where I need to go before I set off to go there. It has a diary maybe? But I have one at home - and also on my phone I'm told though I've never used it.

What else does it do? Really, I'm asking!