So what does this say about East Dulwich?

charliecharlie

I have to say I am rather pleased... second only to the "Is there a God?" thread, the "climate sceptics" thread is still going strong... followed closely (in third place) by the "Saudi Arabia to behead and crucify paedophile" thread....

So what does this say about East Dulwich and/or the forum???

Ranking....

1. Is there a God? 3181

2. Are there still any climate sceptics out there??? 1285

3. Saudi Arabia to behead and crucify paedophile 1259

EDITED TO ADD THE FOLLOWING

(aahhhem!!! Admin!!! this thread is an analysis of levels of interest for various thread/topics in THE DRAWING ROOM!!!

and makes no sense what so ever if moved to the in THE LOUNGE

why????)

http://www.nsf.gov/news/frontiers_archive/images/quiz.gif

Not sure what it says about East Dulwich but if the Forum now has 10,259 registered users and averages 2,800 unique users* per day, then most people seem happy to keep their own counsel.

Posts about dogs and cats seem to draw good audiences.

(* figures 30/7/09 from Mark and the East Dulwich Forum Team, 'Some changes to The East Dulwich Forum - July 2009' if citation required)

Just to update that, it's now 12,972 registered users (of which 9,793 have posted) and about 3,200 unique users a day. As with nearly all forums most users just watch and so unfortunately we don't get to know what their opinions are.

So what does this say about East Dulwich? As Keef said not a lot, you could look at the stats of the Lounge threads and make the conclusion that ED is full of word associating badminton players who are also musically talented footballing comedians that fly into irrational rage over a curry. Hmmm, hang on....

• Administrator

charliecharlie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> why????

Speak to The Chair coz the Admin ain't listenin'

...it's a Drawing Room issue. Mind you you did put a picture of some dirt in your post and lots of ??????s in the title, that may have contributed.

I think I may have shot myself in the foot with this thread by introducing Dave Allen to the masses. There hasn't been a post since and rumour has it that HAL9000 has not been able to compute it and has burst a bloodvessel or whatever it is computers do!

Declan Wrote:

> HAL9000 has not been able to compute it

> and has burst a bloodvessel or whatever it is computers do!

Ha! I'm still waiting for you lot to figure out that your Universe is just a simulation running on my spare hard drive.

Hal9000, you should reboot your hard drive, give it a good clean and get rid of all the crap and bitching that goes on in this Universe. I'm sure Mark and his team have tried.:)

Charlies, good backgammon tonight, it makes ED that much better. x

charliecharlie Wrote:

> aaahhhem!!! Admin!!! this thread is an analysis of

> levels of interest for various thread/topics in

> THE DRAWING ROOM!!!

> and makes no sense what so ever if moved to the in

> THE LOUNGE

>

> why????

It was a topic about the Drawing Room but I've moved it here since it quickly moved away from that.

As a topic, I thought it sounded more like an "About this forum" kinda subject from the get go - but there isn't any real reason why a serious Drawing Room type debate couldn't happen around it. It would be unlikely! - but not impossible

But it is the Chair's decision - and remember the chair does change regularly

Kel - you sound in a telling people what's what kind of way today - perhaps you could wing an application Admin's way?

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

>>

> Kel - you sound in a telling people what's what

> kind of way today - perhaps you could wing an

> application Admin's way?

Sounds much like crossing over to the dark side of the force ;-) hehe has the application form been reduced from the 32000 pages yet?