Don't bother reading this one but I can't delete it!

PeckhamRose

You should count yourself lucky you're able to advertise or provide a link to your wares at all. My good friend and quaffing partner Steveo has never been allowed to advertise the two books he has written (Guns, Cash & Rock n' Roll and London Babylon - both excellent reads by the way, oops quick plug there) neither of which he has made any profit on but other people on here like yourself and Sue and Keef with his signature for his band Baregroove have seemingly been allowed to do just that for ages.

• Administrator

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You should count yourself lucky you're able to

> advertise or provide a link to your wares at all.

> My good friend and quaffing partner Steveo has

> never been allowed to advertise the two books he

> has written...

What on earth am I meant to think when I read that? That is simply not true. We have sent messages to each other about this and I asked him not to post in the "Items offered" section because he was promoting his book.

Why would I stop him from promoting his book? I am simply trying to keep the place tidy and I read a comment like that which is really annoying because it is untrue.

Has he been saying that I have banned him from promoting his book?

[edited once] (To remove expletive, thank you KalamityKel)

• Administrator

Ooops! Apologies. Never go in that section and so hadn't seen them. I think he was after a link at the end of his posts like Keef, Peckham Rose and Sue etc etc but was told he couldn't. We'll end this dicussion here as I've replied to your Pms and thanks.

Oi! Woof get back in your kennel.

Neither adverts - or 'helpful suggestions', mourned by the aggrieved - ever interested me. I'm fully aware of organ donation and I don't want any last will and testement to be anxiously drawn up on the back a sick bag on a flight back from Amsterdam after 'one of those weekends'. No, I want it to come from a solicitor with all the appropriate qualifications and an office with a legal smell.

I'm interested in a lot of different types of music, but not the type that requires me to believe in fairies and knitted underwear.

It was good while it lasted though eh. And you should be a little bit more grateful seeing as you've had free advertising on whats undoubtably the most widely known platform in the local area.

Notice how the baregroove fella's not thrown his toys out of the pram.

• Administrator

Declan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When had had a link taken away by Admin I was told

> the others paid for theirs. I'm confused.

Another case of "if they can do it why can't I?" which is why we have put a stop to the free ones. At the time there was an arrangement with the signatoriat, that is not the case any more. And you were advertising a cottage and the rules state business/promotional signatures are not allowed.

Blimey, sometimes doing someone a favour can be a right pain in the bum.

Admin always removes my signature referring to my piano teaching business, but several signatures exist for other users - photographers, baby-focussed businesses, catering companies etc. There seems to be no consistency from what I can tell other than my signature is consistently removed if I ever put it back on.

Or perhaps folks don?t get their knickers in a twist and have a me me me, persecution complex, hissy fit every time, while trying to run the forum as well and fairly as possible, the administrator has to make some kind of decision that will effect users.

You know, just a thought.