Police - Drug dealing on their door step.

Pearson

This has been bothering me for some time.

Please forgive me if this sounds like a rant, i'll keep it brief.

For some years now and still going on today, drugs are openly being sold from 'working mens clubs' only a few blocks down the same street as Peckham Police station on Meeting House Lane. Effectively being run as drug shops.

And the Police are fully aware of this.

Yet, i am told by the Police that they cannot do anything about it........!?

It is this i find extremely hard (impossible) to accept.

What possible legal loopholes exist that prevent the Police from shutting such places down?

It is little wonder the criminals have little respect for them these days when

the Police are unable to prevent this sort of activity going on under their very noses.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to bash the Police, I just don't understand how this is allowed to carry on!

P/

Chatham Cafe on Cheltenham Road was closed down because they were selling drugs there.

If you don't know the circumstances about the situation in this particular case, it's difficult to speculate.

Sorry to be a bore but the Police Ward Panel for the Peckham Area may be able to tell you more when you go there.

They meet every 2 months.

If the working man just fancies a spliff should he;

a) goto a street dealer where he may contribute to the decline of an area and lose his wallet in the process of aquiring said medical remedy for aches and pains?

b) GO TO PRISON for not being an alcoholic and enjoying the herb rather than the evil drink?

c) go to his local working mans club where behind closed doors he can discreetly see a freindly face who may have a spare bag and aqquire it causing offence to no one?

d) lobby the goverment to legislate soft drugs to prevent him being criminalised for what is an essentially harmless past time when engaged in sensibly in the comfort of his own home?

e) get a weekend flight to amsterdam?

what I want to know is how does the OP knows this is going on behind closed doors, and if he is a member and doesn't like it should he not just cancel his membership? I don't take drugs but if I did I would know where to go now so thanks for that Pearson what a handy post.

:)-D

The OP is talking about the Turks and associated Johnny Mehmets who peddle hash from their cafe. I've been buying from them for years and they do the best weight in south London.

I'm pretty sure the Police allow this because anyone familiar with the shop in question will know that if the family in charge even so much as suspected someone selling or even being in possesion of anything harder, then the ambitious halfwits fingers would be on the recieving end of a kebab knife.

The OP is talking about the Turks and associated Johnny Mehmets who peddle hash from their cafe. I've been buying from them for years and they do the best weight in south London.

----------------------------------------

since when is a cafe a working mans club? And I am sure the cafe owners would love to meet you after giving them unwanted or called for publicity. you could be Rolling Deep in shit soon I would have thought.watch your fingers.

The establishment in question is a hangout where everyone drinks very strong coffee and gibber away in Turkish. There isn't a Union Jack or string vest in sight. It's not a working mens club, although I admit that cafe is a very loose term.

Having a footfall of around 200 people a day who don't drink coffee or any other beverage, and whose soul purpose for being there is to buy hash, which is quite openly smoked, is more publicity than anyone on here can provide. The place is notorious.

Although they've garnered a rep in the past for back room straightners, I seriously doubt there would be any chance of physical retribution against myself for mentioning the antics that go on in there. The times I've been in there they're so baked you could chuck a petrol bomb in there and the first they'd know about it is after the fire brigade had put the flames out.

Roll Deep Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Characterized by a startling lack of any 'working

> men'.

Exactly...

Any one knows that a real "working" man is....

"Too busy working" to attend a working mans club

I hope that clears the situation up, as it were

Yes....

W**F

I don't care for people using drugs, as long as the drug user or drug dealer is not going to cause me or any member of the public any harm or discomfort. Of course, many do, but I find more bother from pissheads leaving the pub at closing time. Usually, it's the foul lanuage and urinating on street corners that disgust me the most, with a couple of drunken brawls too. Of course, selling drugs, possibly attracts unsavioury characters around the local neighbour and of course being near a copshop, they should take more an interest.

I guess, if they made drugs legal, we could feel more safer or secure? Or maybe I to need back this statement up more withfacts and figures. But, for starters it would take the power away from the underground dealers and suppliers and I guess, the drugs would be pure and not filled with rat posion,etc...