Retro gaming

Roll Deep

Joy of joys. I've got my old Super Nintendo up and running and shall be playing Zelda until my eyes bleed. Now all I have to do is to wait for my little brother to come round and sort it so I can play all my old P.C games on my laptop, can't wait!

I'll be in late 90's heaven. Terminal Velocity, Rebel Assault, Lands of Lore, Wipeout, Ridge Racer etc etc...

I mention the above because I cannot stand todays games with their life-like graphics and absurd gameplay. Far too complicated for a saturday stoner like me. Blowing the dust from the Zelda cartridge brought all those memories and frustrations flooding back.

So, if you're like me and fancy a bit of Crash Bandicoot over yer Call of Duty, then have a sniff about this link.

http://www.retro-games.co.uk/

I love my retro gaming, and there is some truth in RD's disdain for modern epics

BUT

Having played games since 79 or so, I'm pretty certain that this generation has provided the best gaming days of those 30 odd years, so I'm not going to get too nostalgic

But for hardcore retro fun a genuine Missile Command cabinet is hard to beat

Roll Deep Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I bet you were one of the army of halfwits who

> stayed up all night trying to cheat Lara Crofts

> kit off, weren't you Woof.

Well...

There was a move on "Tomb Raider" where you could get Laura down on all fours and view her from behin.....I mean that angle

You know, as in "virtually" but the weird thing (as if that wasn't weird enough already ) was she went all transparent

I wonder if the "Double-doves" had any thing to do with my perception in the 90's

Certainly OK now though, not in the least bit affected by that.......no

Sorry what was the question again ?

W**F

Ah Zelda Zelda Zelda - was only thinking about Link this morning - how I miss him and his little ocarina so.

I had to give away my Nintendo 64 to the kids' ward at the hospital because I was regularly staying up until 4 in the morning on a work night trying to get just one more song. I can still picture the ghosts on the farm and the underwater fountain kingdom and my beautiful horse...

But back in the day, you couldn't beat a bit of Attic Attack on the spectrum, and I'm pretty fucking brilliant at pacman

I've been crying tears of blood trying to get further than Vanilla Dome 3 on Super Mario World on the Snes recently. Anyone remember when you only had a finite number of chances to conquer a level(s)? I cant believe how difficult this bloody game is(was). Arrggghh.

Snes super mario world is gaming gold by the way. Close to perfection!!

As was zelda on the snes thinking about it.

Much as ocarina blew me away and the gamecu e one looked great, I think I've finally had enough of playing the same game over and over again. I'd ask nintendo to innovate or let it rest on its laurels.

Find if hard to believe they were still producing Speccie games as late as 1992!

I suppose if I look through the years and lists of games, the point at which I don't recognise any must have been the point when my brother lent me his post office paying-in book - which meant I could get served in the pub (well.. 'a pub' anyway).

And thus ended* a happy period of a darkened bedroom, excessive masturbation and computer gaming.

*briefly