Subs:

D.James

S.W.P

R.Green

C.Cole

J.Defoe

M.Richards

J.Lescott

Play five at the back, with Johnson and Cole attacking forward, supporting the three central midfielders, who in turn can also play wide (Milner and Beckham) with Gerro playing a holding Role and supporting Lamps, who will be supporting Wayne Rooney.

Discuss? Is my Team BS?

Whose your first 11 and formation?

Beckham starting, no way. A bit player now good to come on when players are tired; game needs slowing down (ie we're winning) or to breakdown/chanfge play. No way a start but in the squad yes. I'd take Crouch too and not C.Cole (I said it)

Walcott for his pace if properly fit. Suspect Heskey will make cut because of lack of competition, for this reason wouldn't disregard Carlton Cole. Rule Ashley Young out. See what late candidates get picked for the friendly against Egypt - think there a few places still up for grabs.

I am confused.com over Rio Ferdinand getting the captains armband?

Surely Gerrard. But, his role is much more tamed than the one his plays at Liverpool. I wish England would of given Gerrard the free role to boss the central midfield and push forward to support the strikers. This however, will not happen, with Lampard and Rooney in the squad, as they both too have more of a free role in the England set up, which restricts Gerrard. Gerrard, I hope in certain games, especially for the right games, can be given this free role, which nine times out of time, displays why he is World Class.

Capello has done two things, which Mc'Clown didn't (McClaren)

* Hardcore Discipline during England duty. No Ego's when Capello's in charge.

* Players sticking to the their positions and keeping to their tactics.

But I am not confident for our chances. Our midfield attacking wingers lack any real solid world class potential. It's all very good, having plenty of pace and fancy stepovers. But an attacking winger needs to have composure and the ability to stay on the bloody wing and not drift into the centre of the pitch.

Lennon is very hit and miss, he had a terrible 08/09 season. Things have picked up for him in the Prem this season, but to be fair those were games against Wigan and Bolton right? - maybe I am being too harsh.

The same goes for SWP, Ashely Young, Walcott, Joe Cole, Plenty of potential, but far from World Class. However, without contridicting myself too much, James Milner has some real heart and desire, to push foward, get into a tackle and his goal/assist ratio is pretty impressive. He's 100% worth a punt.

Sorry spelling/grammar errors at least it's not txt talk. c u 2mozza blud, EDF 4 life

This is my XI

GK: Anyone with a pair of gloves

RB: G.Johnson

CH: Rio

CH: Terry

LB: A.Cole

RM: Lennon

CM: Gerrard

CM: Joe Cole

LM: Young

CF: Defoe

CF: Rooney

Subs: Beckham, Lampard, Micah Richards

BTW, Wes Brown will only be going to WC if it's to clean boots ;-)

Ultimately if England are to win World Cup (rather than maybe reach semi final) they need to sacrifice a little physical presence for natural skill and that is why I'd select Joe Cole in the heart of midfield as for all the Hollywood passes offered by Lampard, Carrick, Beckham and Barry it will not be enough to fox the world's elite countries.

We have a great first 11 and our squad do have players who have the potential to shine at the World Cup. However can we win the world cup? Probably not. But it won't be for the reason over who will be our captain! We have plenty of leaders of the pitch, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard, Terry. So for the whole captain debate, it doesn't really materr who has the armband on.

The reason, why we won't win the world cup is that we give the ball away to easily, we don' keep the high tempo game and we get dictated by opposition to often in the big games. I can't remember the last entertaining game, I've seen England play, since we beat Germany 5-1. Our team is made up more of talented individuals and we fail to play like a team who gel well together and who defend and attack like a team.

I hope Capello put's a banning order on the WAGS. They can turn after we win the world cup. That for me seems fair.